Why become a member? ×

SOLD: trace elliot gp7 150w head and old model peavey 4x10 cab: price drop

ahpook

ok folks, seeing as i've got a new 1x15 coming at the weekend, i really have to bite the bullet and clear some space.

here we have what was my gigging rig for many years - a very pre-gibson trace elliot gp7 150w head and a peavey 410T cabinet.

the cab's 350/700w as per the later 410tx and tvx models.

the head's in very good nick - no crackly pots. the carpet covering's less than great but hey...it's been 'well gigged'. i did exchange the cooling fan a year or so back, but that's the only time i've had it open in the....ouch, lemmie think...the 15 years i've had it. i did hoover it out when i exchanged the fan. the hoovering didn't affect it at all. it's still a bloody loud 150w.

the peavey cab's had its fair share of grinds and bashes, but still sounds great. i installed a switch in the body of the cab to defeat the tweeter years ago...i can take this out if you like, or leave it in. if i were to remove it, it would take the cab back to stock.

this is a collection-only sale. i'll say that again...you come to my house. try it out, drink some tea and take it away if you like it. you might meet my girlfren.

she's very nice :)

oh yes...i live in tottenham in north london.

i'm asking £180 for the head and cab, which is a fair price for a cracking little rig.

and yes...there is a kettle lead included. but i may need to search out a speaker cable.

pics if you want them.

EDIT: attached a pic of the peavey - at the bottom of the stack.

Edited by ahpook

Guest BassKS

CHance of a splittage, Mark? I might be a 4X10. my GK 400 RB 2x10 just aint cutting it for larger venues.

Fatos

Guest BassKS

[quote name='ahpook' post='504493' date='Jun 3 2009, 10:13 AM']hey fatos,
i was hoping to move them on together, but for you...?

gwaan then.

PM me.[/quote]

False alarm, apologies. I might not be able to go on with it. Decided to take my combo with me in Sheffield and no gigging for the next 6 months in london.

Guest BassKS

[quote name='ahpook' post='504493' date='Jun 3 2009, 10:13 AM']hey fatos,
i was hoping to move them on together, but for you...?

gwaan then.

PM me.[/quote]

False alarm, apologies. I might not be able to go on with it. Decided to take my combo with me in Sheffield and no gigging for the next 6 months in london.

[quote name='hubrad' post='509359' date='Jun 9 2009, 06:22 PM']How much for the head? I'm way outside Lunnon, but where I work we have a carrier contract so I could arrange collection if that would work? Nice offer of tea, though..[/quote]

sorry...i didn't say :)

it's a tenner off each, so £140 for the head and £40 for the cab.

[quote name='ahpook' post='504395' date='Jun 3 2009, 01:41 AM']drink some tea and take it away if you like it.[/quote]

I only bought it for the chance of a free cup of tea. Imagine my disapointment when I didn't get one :)

Nice to meet you mate, the rig sounds great. The neighbours are going to hate me very soon!

Edited by WHUFC BASS

[quote name='WHUFC BASS' post='513476' date='Jun 14 2009, 06:19 PM']I only bought it for the chance of a free cup of tea. Imagine my disapointment when I didn't get one :)

Nice to meet you mate, the rig sounds great. The neighbours are going to hate me very soon![/quote]

ack ! my manners !

the amp was sounding really nice with your yammy. lets the neighbours complain :rolleyes: