Why become a member? ×

Lakland 44-02 Deluxe

ShaunB

Didn't reach reserve on the bay, so offers around £700 - go on, ya know ya wanna...

I can't believe I'm selling this as it's one of the best basses I've played. In the best colour combination IMO. But with arrival of Mark's 4-94, it has to leave the stable. Skyline series, cherry sunburst, active (with pull passive - but why would you?), maple neck and fret board, J/MM Barts, Lakland pre-amp and the sweetest neck you'll find. It has a new set of Lakland Custom Wound Nickels on it.

You can read all about it at [url="http://www.lakland.com/basses/44-02.htm"]http://www.lakland.com/basses/44-02.htm[/url]

Primo condition with one small blemish on top of the neck at the nut - not a ding or dent, just a small mark that looks like a light stain, hardly noticeable, but thought I'd mention it - the rest is proper nice. Comes with a hard case and I can send it from my local shop for £35 (insured) or anyway you'd prefer.

Edited by ShaunB

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

[quote name='Riddler' post='142192' date='Feb 17 2008, 10:31 PM']Hi
I know I'm a bit late, but I've just discovered Laklands, Presume it's been sold by now?
Cheers
Graham[/quote]

yep, Si took it off my hands... Goof luck getting one - they are as good as they say... I upgraded to a 4-94 and have a 55-01D coming in.

Cheers anyway.

Looks like you have very modern set up with Laklands and Markbass.

How does the 4-94 compare with the 44-02? from the blurb on the website it looks like the US built stuff is of superior build quality but is it worth the price difference?

Cheers
Graham

[quote name='Riddler' post='142341' date='Feb 18 2008, 10:53 AM']How does the 4-94 compare with the 44-02? from the blurb on the website it looks like the US built stuff is of superior build quality but is it worth the price difference?

Cheers
Graham[/quote]

Yes ...without a doubt... :)
But the Skylines are great value for the money.

Garry

Edited by lowdown

[quote name='Riddler' post='142341' date='Feb 18 2008, 10:53 AM']Cheers anyway.

Looks like you have very modern set up with Laklands and Markbass.

How does the 4-94 compare with the 44-02? from the blurb on the website it looks like the US built stuff is of superior build quality but is it worth the price difference?

Cheers
Graham[/quote]

PM'd...