Why become a member? ×

Custom Bass Design

shinhoman

Hi,
i've been photoshopping into the early hours and came up with a bass design. i was wondering if people could discuss it and tell me what they like and dislike about it?

I wanted it to look different but still have that fender-ish feel to it.

I have made two versions, one bolt-on and one neck through.

so what do you think?

Cheers,
Dan

Top one - not sure about the scratchplate shape. Could you try a version whereby the plate travels further up the top horn(towards '51 style P-bass) and have it wrap round the P-bass pickup leaving the MM type 'in the wood'. Might not work - just a thought - I'm no good at graphics of the photoshop kind.

[quote name='benwhiteuk' post='499868' date='May 28 2009, 02:04 PM']I’d lose the P style pickups and stick with a single humbucker, purely on aesthetics.[/quote]

It will probably have one or the other, rather than both.

[quote name='The Bass Doc' post='499864' date='May 28 2009, 02:01 PM']Top one - not sure about the scratchplate shape. Could you try a version whereby the plate travels further up the top horn(towards '51 style P-bass) and have it wrap round the P-bass pickup leaving the MM type 'in the wood'. Might not work - just a thought - I'm no good at graphics of the photoshop kind.[/quote]

I didn't like it at first, but it kind of grew on me.
I will give your idea a go.

BTW the specs are gonna be:
Maple neck multi lam on both deisgns (possible with a walnut strip for the centre piece)
Ash body
Passive Controls: Two volumes and master tone with either four or five way switch.
21 fret neck

Cheers

Edited by shinhoman