Why become a member? ×

Warwick Corvette $$ - £570

Ataraxia2320

Ok sold this bass once before and ended it up buying it back, However after thinking about it for a while and trying to play it i realise that its doing nothing but gathering dust underneeth my stairs so it needs to go. As you can see the bass has a minor scratch on the back and 2 small dings on the back end of the bass. These are less noticable in real life but i said id try to capture anything wrong and be up front about it. Apart from that its in great condition and comes in a hiscox hardshell case.

The $$ sports 2 MEC humbuckers, each of which can be wired in serial, parralell or into single coils at the flick of a switch making this an extremely versitile bass. The body is made of swamp ash, the neck is Ovangkol and the fretboard is made of wenge with 24 bell brass frets. Controlls are; Volume Pickup pan pot, Bass, Treble.

I really love this bass hence why I have bought it back but with my wrist the way it is i need somthing with a slimmer neck. If anyones interested Tradewise id prefrably like somthing with a hubucker in it although im open to everything. I wouldnt mind shifting a few quid with the bass aswell if someone was willing to trade a Musicman or USA G&L or similar. Im open to offers also but id like to get close to what i paid for it back to me as since i bought it back ive played it only a handfull of times.

Any questions/offers etc please try me. I wont bite :).

Edited by barryenright2320

As a previous owner of this bass, i can say that it allows you to play phenomenally quick.

For such a small body compared to the neck it didn't seem to suffer from any neck dive unlike its Thumb NT5 cousin.

Really great punchy sound with so much variation of sounds available.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Awesome bass, and would love to play a double humbucker Warwick, but I'm afraid I don't have sufficient finances for one at the moment.

Just out of curiosity, how much would you want for it if you weren't to trade?

Good luck with the sale!

• 2 weeks later...

[quote name='Troy_E' post='524709' date='Jun 26 2009, 11:03 AM']Awesome bass, and would love to play a double humbucker Warwick, but I'm afraid I don't have sufficient finances for one at the moment.

Just out of curiosity, how much would you want for it if you weren't to trade?

Good luck with the sale![/quote]

Well i paid 670 euro for it not 6 months ago so id let it off for 650 euro. More interested in trades though. Sorry i havent replied quicker.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

[quote name='budget bassist' post='572438' date='Aug 18 2009, 12:05 AM']trade for a $$ 4 string?[/quote]

Sorry, looking to keep it a 5, but with a slimmer neck. Plus ive played a 4 and its the same problem its not so much the width its the thickness of the warwick neck!

• 2 weeks later...

[quote name='barryenright2320' post='573549' date='Aug 18 2009, 10:08 PM']Sorry, looking to keep it a 5, but with a slimmer neck. Plus ive played a 4 and its the same problem its not so much the width its the thickness of the warwick neck![/quote]

Fresh set of Pm's Replied to.