Why become a member? ×

FS: Moog LPF, Boss PS3 Pitchshifter/Delay, MXR Carbon Copy, Moog EXP pedal

Dosi Y'Anarchy

[quote name='thisnameistaken' post='497659' date='May 25 2009, 11:21 PM']Grr, did you get the filter?

I was going to say "I know where you live!" but then remembered it's you who knows where I live.

Bums. :)[/quote]

haha sorry mate i couldn't resist getting it. if i end up getting rid you can have first dibs on it.

[quote name='CuticleThorns' post='498326' date='May 26 2009, 09:55 PM']haha sorry mate i couldn't resist getting it. if i end up getting rid you can have first dibs on it.[/quote]

Thanks for that you spawny ****.

Actually, would you mind if I had a bash on it? Thing is, I'm expecting something specific from one, and I'd love to know if I could get it to happen without actually paying for one first.

In return you're welcome to spend some time with some of my rarer bits and bobs (my Octavius Squeezer when it gets back from its Australian holiday in a week or so's time, my Woolly Mammoth, my Meatwad).

PM me if that sounds like a fun afternoon/evening. I'll provide beer/wine if you want to do it here.

- Kev

[quote name='iamapirate' post='500317' date='May 28 2009, 10:00 PM']hmmm, I've been youtubing for hours... what the heck does the moog actually do?![/quote]

It's a low-pass filter, which can be envelope-controlled or by an expression pedal. It progressively cuts high frequencies, and can create a resonant hump around the cut-off frequency as it goes. Most bassists are using it with an expression pedal to ape bass synth parts from electronic dance music.

At very high resonance settings it can self-oscillate at the cut-off frequency, so it can be used as a tone generator. The cut-off control then effectively controls the pitch of the tone produced.

[quote name='thisnameistaken' post='500436' date='May 28 2009, 11:44 PM']It's a low-pass filter, which can be envelope-controlled or by an expression pedal. It progressively cuts high frequencies, and can create a resonant hump around the cut-off frequency as it goes. Most bassists are using it with an expression pedal to ape bass synth parts from electronic dance music.

At very high resonance settings it can self-oscillate at the cut-off frequency, so it can be used as a tone generator. The cut-off control then effectively controls the pitch of the tone produced.[/quote]

its a bloody awesome pedal, thats what it is, and i already miss it.

its just too big for my need, i could 'settle' with a bass wah, but its just not the same.