Why become a member? ×

DIY Bass Micro Synth Expression Pedal Mod

iamapirate

I had you hopes up for a minute! Pirate needs some help again!

After seeing this [url="http://www.shotgunnmods.net/shotgunnmods.net/EHX_BMS_Mods.html"]http://www.shotgunnmods.net/shotgunnmods.n...X_BMS_Mods.html[/url] I was wondering if anything is circling the net with DIY for the XO BMS. Mainly I want the mod with the expression pedal. I've got the XO, and I'm really gas'ng for one! I love the tone and the thought of a synthbasswah with that tone is orgasmic!

Thanks for any help!

• 2 years later...

[quote name='Ruck' post='1267215' date='Jun 13 2011, 11:48 AM']Hey there, did you have any luck modding the XO model? Or does anyone on this forum know anyone in the UK who can do it?

Cheers.[/quote]

I know how you'd do it, but I don't yet have an XO miscro synth yet !! I'd also be suprised if there was space inside to actually fit another jack socket, or maybe use a 3.5mm internally and an adaptor on the expression pedal cable. When I get an XO microsynth at some point It's definately going onto the mod bench.

[quote name='The Cooler King' post='1267259' date='Jun 13 2011, 01:29 PM']I know how you'd do it, but I don't yet have an XO miscro synth yet !! I'd also be suprised if there was space inside to actually fit another jack socket, or maybe use a 3.5mm internally and an adaptor on the expression pedal cable. When I get an XO microsynth at some point It's definately going onto the mod bench.[/quote]

You'll be surprised how much space is left inside the XO models! There is about a 20mm gap from the circuit board to the base plate.

[quote name='Ruck' post='1267554' date='Jun 13 2011, 05:15 PM']You'll be surprised how much space is left inside the XO models! There is about a 20mm gap from the circuit board to the base plate.[/quote]

I guess I need to buy one then !! I did this mod years ago to a big box version which was nice to work inside.

• 1 year later...

Hi,

I was thinking about something like this:

- internal trim pot moved on the top of the chassis
- expression pedal for the stop freq (*)
- expression pedal for the trigger (*)

(*) with a switch in the plug that allows the slide to work while the pedal is disconnected

Edited by andreapenna

If you fancy sending me your microsynth to have a look at I'll do the mods for cost price if they're possible and if they're not I'll post it back for free (if you're in the UK). It'll have to wait a few weeks though because I'm busy with quite a few builds for various people at the moment. Drop me a PM if you're interested.