Why become a member? ×

-----REMOVE-------

Phil Mann

[quote name='neilb' post='496536' date='May 24 2009, 11:26 AM']Mark

Its Phils thread mate. Phil is selling his bass, not me.

PM replied to.[/quote]

Sorry Neil,

It's Sunday, not enough coffee in me. I'll place a 'Brain wanted' in the wanted section.
:)[i]Sheepishly runs away into the corner.[/i]

[quote name='ahpook' post='496185' date='May 23 2009, 05:52 PM']my god. [i]oh my f^^king god[/i]

that's beautiful...[/quote]

+1.

I just don't get Fender...why can't they produce something like this from stock? With a couple of very simple mods (BadAssII, black pickguard and chrome plate) you have produced a quite beautiful looking bit of kit.

A few weeks back I declared that at four basses, that was it. Enough. No more basses. After seeing those pics, I've added a subtle [i]in 2009[/i] to that.

Cracking.
P

[quote name='Phil Mann' post='496577' date='May 24 2009, 01:06 PM']Hi Guys,

Thanks for the feed back, your right, it's a big difference how much only a few changes make. These basses don't come with the chrome, but it's such a little thing that makes a big difference to the appearance of the instrument, at very little cost really....silly little things Fender could raise it's game with on newer instruments. Perhaps that's why I'm always chasing mid 70's originals.

I see 5 basses as the working standard Paul - Precision, Jazz, Fretless, 5 string, back up...so there's always ways of bending your house rules!

Hi Neil, yeah thats a twin alright....nice taste. Hopefully I'll maintain the family ties, just with a vintage '73 in a few days...fingers crossed. I have a 75Ri as well, and to tell you the truth, if it wasn't for the other purchase, I wouldn't be getting rid of this classic series, as it means I don't need to teach on my USA Spectors. Thanks for picking up the stray thread, I think I may have a buyer as a result.

Best,

Phil[/quote]
Yeah that bass is gorgeous looking, must sound like a demon!

Anyone interested in a US made J-Bass might want to check out the American Standard series - lovely basses with all the vibe of '60s originals. I bought an '08 version and it compares very favourably to my original '62 and '72 basses.

Also the Highway One series - comes standard with Badass II bridge, truss rod support and nitro finish. All for around £700, a real bargain. Next on my list, to be converted to fretless with epopxy finish to board.

Note I'm not a Fender rep, just someone who LOVES J-basses.

Sixth bass that's the working standard - Musicman Stingray.

Cheers