Why become a member? ×

I bought this gutted Rickenfaker from our friend Mr. Digits on eBay a couple of months ago, with big dreams.

After a bit of self-examination, I've had to admit that I'll never get round to this - I've got 4 other unfinished projects to do first that aren't getting done in a hurry.

So I'm hoping to sell this on to someone with more time and more ability. Everything is in the state it was when it arrived - I've not touched it except to unpack. Oh, and to remove a nasty bit of thin aluminium that had been stuck on as a jackplate.

I'm looking for £100 picked-up (I'm in London) or £110 posted. That's a substantial loss on what I paid, but I'd rather they were being used. I'm also happy to look at trades for effects or power amps.

You get:

A neck, with nice inlays and a great gloss on the fingerboard. The frets look good and the nut is solid (but it appears to be made of wood)
4 mismatched tuners
A body. The white blob on the back appears to be filler - this is going to need to be sanded and repainted.
A 'made in japan' neckplate

Anyone? And does anyone know what this once was?

Edited by dangerboy

My own backlog of unfinished pipe-dream projects is the only thing stopping me from being all over this like a rash.

I don't know what it is/was, though - I'm familiar with bolt-neck fakers from Fujigen, Matsumoku, Kasuga & Hondo, and this isn't any of them. The closest thing I've seen is this new discovery:

[url="http://basschat.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=49698"]http://basschat.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=49698[/url]

If it's one of these, the MIJ neckplate isn't original. I'll give you £2 for the plate! :) :rolleyes:

Jon.

If you're thinking "I like that, but where would I get the other parts?", I should mention that I have the following that we could try and work out a deal for:

An "aged" white 'faker scratchplate.
A set of 'faker pickups.
A rear pickup ring
A faker bridge that seems OKish.
A set of 2+2 Grover Titan tuners. You'd need to drill the headstock out a bit, but they would wipe the floor quality-wise with most other things you could install.