Why become a member? ×

WITHDRAWN - Mo Clifton Electric Double Bass/ Electric Double Bass/ EUB For Sale!

AlexLong

Clifton EUB made in 1999 - has had hardly any use - was used as a practice instrument and in education workshops - no gigging done on it!

Given excellent condition am asking £1600 for it to include gig bag.

Based in Brighton

Thanks, Alex
[attachment=25595:DSC_2195.JPG]
[attachment=25660:DSC_2198.JPG]
[attachment=25661:DSC_2199.JPG]

Edited by AlexLong

Guest subaudio

[quote name='AlexLong' post='493664' date='May 20 2009, 08:13 PM']Clifton EUB made in 1999 - has had hardly any use - was used as a practice instrument and in education workshops - no gigging done on it!

Given excellent condition am asking £1600 for it to include gig bag.

Can email more pictures...

Based in Brighton

Thanks, Alex [attachment=25595:DSC_2195.JPG][/quote]

Hi Mate

How does this feel compared to a double bass ? I am looking for something to practice on silently, and could you tell if the heel is at the E on tha A string and what the scale length is please.

I tried a Clifton a few years ago at Mo's place in London.. amazing! Very much like a double.
If I'd been earning at the time I'd have had one, probably one of his bass guitars too! :)
He introduced me to the Realist pickup which he was certainly using as standard on these EUBs at the time.

Guest subaudio

[quote name='hubrad' post='494087' date='May 21 2009, 11:42 AM']I tried a Clifton a few years ago at Mo's place in London.. amazing! Very much like a double.
If I'd been earning at the time I'd have had one, probably one of his bass guitars too! :)
He introduced me to the Realist pickup which he was certainly using as standard on these EUBs at the time.[/quote]

I contacted him a few years back about buying one but never got my hands on one as I got the NS, if this plays like a DB I will be very intrested indeed

[quote name='subaudio' post='494095' date='May 21 2009, 11:48 AM']I contacted him a few years back about buying one but never got my hands on one as I got the NS, if this plays like a DB I will be very intrested indeed[/quote]

It really does - I am a classical double bass player and loved the sound of the realist pickup and the fact that it felt so much like my acoustic DB.
Let me know!

I've had one for years, and I think its the only EUB design that allows you to go back to acoustic with little/no adjustment. The only issue is that most acoustics do vary in size, neck proportions and heel placement..but the Clifton design is the best I've seen. And its virtually silent if you dont plug it in.

• 3 weeks later...

[quote name='BassBod' post='494243' date='May 21 2009, 01:49 PM']I've had one for years, and I think its the only EUB design that allows you to go back to acoustic with little/no adjustment. The only issue is that most acoustics do vary in size, neck proportions and heel placement..but the Clifton design is the best I've seen. And its virtually silent if you dont plug it in.[/quote]

This one's going to have to be ebayed if nobody wants it on here... :)

[quote name='jcater' post='520845' date='Jun 22 2009, 03:54 PM']how is the action set on this?

are you open to offers?

jeff[/quote]

Hi jeff
Action set as set up by Mo years ago - pretty regular I would say!
Offers - PM me and see where we go from there!!
Alex