Why become a member? ×

Geddy Lee 'Custom'

mcgraham

[b]WITHDRAWN DUE TO LACK OF INTEREST[/b]

As per my [url="http://basschat.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=49368&view=findpost&p=491408"]thread [/url]in the general bass discussion forum I've decided to put my basses up in an ad and see what interest there is.

This bass started life as a Geddy Lee bass. It has since had a number of upgrades so I'll list the specs here:

Maple neck (21 vintage size frets, 16" radius, carbon fibre inserts, 3-over-1 headstock arrangement, ultralight tuners, vintage tint with finish half way between gloss and satin)
Black blocks and binding (these specs mean it looks virtually stock)
Alder body
Black finish
Matching maple ramp
DiMarzio Model J pickups (still have the originals if anyone wants them)
Controls: Volume, Rotary selector switch (bridge, both, neck, off) and passive tone
Schaller (I think) bridge (adjustable spacing from ~14mm to ~21mm, ridiculously adjustable)
Also comes with Rockbag gigbag.

Chip on bottom of bass and some noticeable but light buckle rash. This is an awesome bass, and it's only because I have an even more awesome bass that I don't play this one anymore. I can provide more pics on request.

What do I want... cash, or guit*r related gear, particularly amps. Got anything interesting for trade or the like? Otherwise, would be looking to move it for around [b]700 quid[/b] but please feel free to make an offer. At least come and try this bass out! If you'd prefer something along the lines of a fretless J-bass (epoxied) please see my other bass: ([url="http://basschat.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=49637"]defretted and epoxied US J-bass[/url]). Feel free to PM.

Mark

Edited by mcgraham

The bass is currently on loan to another bassist this week, so here's a semi-decent picture of it with my gigging it at a jazz function. I shall add some better ones next week provided the bassist doesn't surreptitiously sneak off with it for a few more days.

[attachment=25613:2834_588...670693_n.jpg]

[quote name='mcgraham' post='500186' date='May 28 2009, 07:40 PM']Bump it up. Pics to follow. 700 quid and you can have it (prefer not to post as it's in a softcase).

Note: I'm waiting to hear back from someone who first expressed an interest in buying it, but please feel free to get in touch anyway.

Mark[/quote]
That person was me, I think - have PM'd Mark but in the brief moment before he released the bass for sale I saw a Shuker which I jumped at - somewhat impulsively.
FWIW I found Mark was really quick to reply and informative - I hope this bass finds a good home soon - I can't afford 2 in one week, sadly!

All the best with sale mate!
J

• 5 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Bumpitty bump. If anyone wants to come try this or my other bass they better do so soon, getting married in a couple of weeks, by then it'll be the end of August before you can come check them out.

Mark

It looks virtually the same! That was the whole point in getting Jon Shuker to do a custom neck for it. Honestly, some people :)

I'm afraid someone has already bought the bridge from me. Best of luck finding one though!

Mark

[quote name='StevieD_FenderP2009' post='536742' date='Jul 9 2009, 07:48 PM']0_0 What in the name of sanity have you done to this bass!
The Geddy Lee signature is the most beautiful Jazz Bass out there
And you've gone and violated it =(
Poor Poor bass!
Saying that, I'll buy the Leo Quan Badass II Bridge that came with it if you want rid of it
Good luck with the sale[/quote]Eh?

The same purpose as any ramp :) To help prevent your fingers sinking in deeper than they need to. Fantastic for getting four finger playing down. The ramp was made at the same time as the neck, matches the radius AND the finish of the neck exactly.

FYI - It is not glued down or drilled in. It's completely removable. It's pressure fit between the pickups.

Mark

Edited by mcgraham

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...