Why become a member? ×

So i put up an ad for musicians...

Looking to play King Crimson-ish type music with no expectations,  just for fun and to make some noise. Not looking to start a band or even really play out. 

I got 2 responses, a drummer and a guitarist.

We got together today and it was so much fun. Just 2+ hours of improv noise with lots of effects. 

I really enjoyed it.  I think we're gonna do it once a month.

• Like 30
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, BillyBass said:

Are you going to advertise for Toyah Wilcox to complete the line up?

Maybe i can get the mrs. to dance behind us in sheer tops

She does have  a very similar figure to ms. Wilcox if not the same "exuberance"

King Crimson have put out some fabulous albums over the decades. I'd love to go see that new tribute band with Steve Vai if they ever come to the UK. Anyway, sounds like a fun thing to do.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
50 minutes ago, Angel said:

King Crimson have put out some fabulous albums over the decades. I'd love to go see that new tribute band with Steve Vai if they ever come to the UK. Anyway, sounds like a fun thing to do.

I posted a video of Lark's tongue in aspic and said "does anyone want to make music like this..."

Edited by lidl e
  • Like 2

This sounds like a brilliant idea Eli, I would love to do something like this myself, however, for me, at least, there would be quite a steep (but enjoyable) learning curve.

The Tony Levin era stuff has some brilliant bass bits, I prefer this to the Larks tongue in Aspic, Court of the Crimson King era stuff.

You'll have to post some clips of yourselves when it starts working.

• Thanks 1

12 hours ago, lidl e said:

I posted a video of Lark's tongue in aspic and said "does anyone want to make music like this..."

That album blew my mind when I first heard it! It was around 82 I guess and I was late teens, having mostly listened to chart music up to then. It was so different to the usual 'bunch of songs' that were on most albums. I got all those early KC albums. 

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, BillyBass said:

This sounds like a brilliant idea Eli, I would love to do something like this myself, however, for me, at least, there would be quite a steep (but enjoyable) learning curve.

The Tony Levin era stuff has some brilliant bass bits, I prefer this to the Larks tongue in Aspic, Court of the Crimson King era stuff.

You'll have to post some clips of yourselves when it starts working.

Cheers. I'm not a monster player, but i do have  good improv skills and am fairly adept at effects usage, so while i couldnt sit in a room and do covers, i can definitely make some cool sounds!

We're gonna do it again and then repost looking for more people. 

Edited by lidl e

3 hours ago, Angel said:

That album blew my mind when I first heard it! It was around 82 I guess and I was late teens, having mostly listened to chart music up to then. It was so different to the usual 'bunch of songs' that were on most albums. I got all those early KC albums. 

Yeah, i prefer their early stuff by far.

The only band who's later stuff i prefer oddly enough is U2!