Why become a member? ×

Where can i find a DiMarzio model 1or a Darkstar pickup?

Right the EB-0 has been lying around half done for a good month now, which is at least a month too long, and i need to finish it off.

I have been looking at getting hold of a DiMarzio model 1 but it's quite hard to find one. Also i have recently considered a Darkstar pickup for that vintagey tone. Anyone got any sort of clue where i can find one of these? I could resort to asking Bass Centre to source me them though i have found that ordering specific things through a shop as being a little more expensive than just finding one for sale.

Does anyone know where i can find these?

Thoman did have the model 1 in stock for a bit but not now, and also that shop looks dodgy and there are many stories of woe about their customer service. Any pointers will be great, also if theres another pickup that i have neglected that can do a similar sound (i know these 2 aren't that similar but they are both passive high impedance monsters) let me know.

Cheers
H

Reliable, trust worthy, friendly:

[url="http://www.guitarpartsshop.co.uk/acatalog/DiMarzio-bass-guitar-pickups.html"]http://www.guitarpartsshop.co.uk/acatalog/...ar-pickups.html[/url]

ONe of the best places in the UK for DiMarzio pups...in fact I think they are a stockist.

The Model One is in there as is the Will Power neck...I got the middle Split version of that on me P-bass and BOY does it KICK!!!
But the Model one is in there for ya classic tone. :)

Love DiMarzio pups...shame they only do Gibson / Fender shape...No Soap Bar, No MM Humbucker...jeez Imagine a Stingray with DiMarzio pups!!!
ULTRA UBER HOT!

I've got an old model one in my drawer. It's pretty well used, and there is a crack in the epoxy on the back (where it has been dropped at some point) which has been repaired with glue. However, it's fully working and could be had super cheap (say £15 posted?). PM me if interested. I've moved over to a Darkstar for my electric bass needs...