Why become a member? ×

Sei Millenium 6 For Sale

terryblyth

Hey everybody,

I've wrestled with this decision for a while, but I think the time's come. I'm letting my baby go :)

This is a Millenium bass from Sei (Martin Petersen). He was only going to make ten of these and to my knowledge that amount hasn't been ordered. This is number 4.

It's a buckeye burl wood with a thick gloss. The fingerboard's ebony, and the bass has Sims LEDs on the front and top. Bernie Goodfellow designed a 'brain' circuit for these which controls how they flash (or not) with nine different settings on a control knob. It's a thru-neck, 35" scale with a shallow depth, wide string spacing and bookmatched coverings for the batteries - 2x9v (one for the pre-amp and one for the LEDs). The pickups are Barts which were specifically made for the instrument, and it also has a piezo bridge with a blend control. The rear magnetic pickup has a coil-tap.

Here's one photo to keep you going until I can salvage the rest from the camera. I'd welcome any questions and of course try-outs are welcome. There's a couple of dings which I tried to capture but the bass is too shiny for them to show up! It could do with an allen key on the bridge right now after I bodged up the height of the G string but if you know what you're doing it'll take seconds to sort.

This is now at the Gallery in Camden. Feel free to contact them with any questions.

It's going as I'm now just not the sort of player that does 6-string and can't now justify holding onto it on the off-chance that will happen. I've held onto it for a while longer than necessary while I try to adjust to life without it, but I haven't even taken it on a gig in a while now.

[attachment=1952:Sei_6.jpg]

Edited by terryblyth

• 2 months later...