Why become a member? ×

TRADED - SWR Goliath Jr III 4ohm

RussFM

[quote name='RussFM' post='491606' date='May 18 2009, 05:20 PM']I'm looking to up-scale my rig to a 4x10 and 2x10 stack, so I'm looking to trade my 4ohm SWR Goliath Jr III (300w?) for an 8ohm 2x10 or 4x10. My only stipulation is that it must have input and output as my amp only has one output so I'll need to chain them.

Cash either way depending, but I'd be happiest with a straight swap, so something of equal quality would be preferred, and Midlands based would help.

Anyone got anything they'd like to trade?[/quote]

Ive got a Peavey 410T 4x10 with horn 8ohm running with a 210TVX 4 ohm and interested in trading the 410T for a 4 ohm cab.

The 410T has 2 1/4" inputs, I've never tried chaining another cab before but tried it with a Trace Elliott 2 x 10 8 ohm and it worked fine. The only bad news is the fit of the lead into the socket I dont normally use was slightly loose but if you are interested I would put 2 new sockets in. Cab is vinyl covered with metal lugs at the corners, there are a couple of small tears at the edges but overall good condition.

I'm in Gloucester, if thats of any interest let me know and I'll take some photos.

I used to have a Peavey rig, and could never get the sound I liked out of it, but that may well have been down to the amp, so it may well be the solution to my budget-rig problems! If you could take some pics that would be great, thanks. I'll take some pics of the SWR cab tonight or tomorrow.

[quote name='RussFM' post='493212' date='May 20 2009, 01:03 PM']I used to have a Peavey rig, and could never get the sound I liked out of it, but that may well have been down to the amp, so it may well be the solution to my budget-rig problems! If you could take some pics that would be great, thanks. I'll take some pics of the SWR cab tonight or tomorrow.[/quote]

Some photos ox the Peavey 4 x 10

[attachment=25574:DSCF1736.JPG] [attachment=25575:DSCF1737.JPG]
[attachment=25576:DSCF1738.JPG] [attachment=25577:DSCF1739.JPG]

The last close up picture is not as much help as I'd thought, its supposed to be a close up of the worst tear. Hopefully that gives you some idea of what it looks like though. I like the sound of this and use it with the 2 x 10 at larger venues, the problem being there is more power going to the smaller cab due to the lower impedance which in the long term wont do the amp or the speakers much good.

Never heard of ELK, who are they? I like the red speakers, but I think South Norfolk would be a bit far anyway!

Still not sure about the Peavey, going on my past experiences, but I am still considering!

I don't believe many people have!

It was a friend of the guy who I bought the cab off who had a small production line in custom cabs. E.L.K - no idea what it stands for unfortunately.

I've taken the badge off simply to save hassle at gigs! "Who's that cab made by then?"

I agree, It's a long old way to travel!

Ben

If you like the speakers a lot then you could but them on their own - then they could be posted.

I've already listed them as I bought another set to put in the cab temporarily while I built a BFM cab.

• 2 weeks later...

[quote name='RussFM' post='491606' date='May 18 2009, 05:20 PM']I'm looking to up-scale my rig to a 4x10 and 2x10 stack, so I'm looking to trade my 4ohm SWR Goliath Jr III (300w?) for an 8ohm 2x10 or 4x10. My only stipulation is that it must have input and output as my amp only has one output so I'll need to chain them.

Cash either way depending, but I'd be happiest with a straight swap, so something of equal quality would be preferred, and Midlands based would help.

Anyone got anything they'd like to trade?[/quote]

Hi Russ here are the photos

Steve