Why become a member? ×

John East AC Guitars EQ02 - *SOLD*
£225
Leeds

There used to be a two pickup version and a single pickup version.  The difference is whether there is a stacked vol/blend or just a vol. pot.  There's a bit of me thinks that there might have been a version with a tone control too?

I used to have a two pickup version of the EQ01 which had an LPF for each pickup. The signals were then blended after the filters (ie. you could have different filter settings for each pickup). This one appears to have inputs for two pickups which are then blended before going through a single LPF. This is a simpler configuration and arguably more practical in terms of usability. There were so many sound combinations with two filters it frankly blew my mind!

Thanks for the info.  TBH I wasn't expecting a four pot set-up.

I'm quite familiar with the ACG filter preamps having a few of Alan's basses.  He (Alan) did mention he was going to making a few more EQ02s I think it was a little while back though and I was wondering what the configuration would be.

8 hours ago, ead said:

TBH I wasn't expecting a four pot set-up.

Just to add to the confusion, the only ACG I had with an EQ02 was a four pot setup, but for a single pickup.

Vol, LPF, HPF and tone.

Happy to help 😁

• mark_ir changed the title to John East AC Guitars EQ02 *SOLD*