Why become a member? ×

Speaker upgrade in a Rumble 100 combo?

ossyrocks

I'm about to use mine on a couple of larger gigs. I think I'm taking a bit of a chance, but the band is low key, with a quiet drummer, and it seems plenty at rehearsal.

Having had a look around, I notice some people are saying they have replaced the speaker with great results.

Has anyone here done it? What did you use, was it easy, did it fit, what are your thoughts?

I'm thinking a driver from Barefaced like the ones in my Super Compacts would be awesome. I've actually asked Alex what he thinks, but not had a reply yet.

Ta,

Rob

I've played a few gigs with my Rumble 100 V3 but it was with a quiet drummer in both the bands I played with.

I have a Super Compact and if I was unsure if the Rumble could do a gig, I would just take the compact and a decent amp instead.

Is there any reason why you don't want to take your Super Compact?

38 minutes ago, gjones said:

I've played a few gigs with my Rumble 100 V3 but it was with a quiet drummer in both the bands I played with.

I have a Super Compact and if I was unsure if the Rumble could do a gig, I would just take the compact and a decent amp instead.

Is there any reason why you don't want to take your Super Compact?

I should have said why! The gigs are "walk to's", only about 10 minutes from our accommodation, but that's 10 minutes with a Super Compact + amp, or the Rumble 100. I do have a lightweight foldable sack truck however.

In all seriousness get a cab and take the amp & Super Compact. Less sweatiness when you get to the venue, power you know will cope and no dreading the walk back after a gig carrying your gear.

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, Lozz196 said:

In all seriousness get a cab and take the amp & Super Compact. Less sweatiness when you get to the venue, power you know will cope and no dreading the walk back after a gig carrying your gear.

I think you're right. I will have two Super Compacts with me anyway, as I have 4 gigs with 2 different bands this weekend in the same town, and one of the bands needs the "big rig". 

Ok, decision made. 

2 hours ago, ossyrocks said:

What did you use, was it easy, did it fit, what are your thoughts?

The only way to know for sure without buying drivers is to use speaker modeling software to model both what's in there already and proposed replacements. The replacements are easy, most have the required Thiele-Small specs available. That's probably not the case with the Fender driver. With only 100 watts there may be no improvement to be had.

• Like 2