Why become a member? ×

iPad - suddenly unable to input text in any box but Titles like this

Gasman

Question

12 answers to this question

How old is the iPad? I have a Air2 which is now out of update support (my music one) and one of the first pros (my day to day one). can you do a screenshot of what you are seeing? Also maybe can you try changing the theme (using the drop down that is down there V somewhere)

• Like 1

Can you grab and resize them as text boxes are resizable in safari on the iPad, maybe something got stuck as a default. I was on my iPad earlier and didn't encounter any issues,

Failing that, resetting your cache on the iPad might clear this. Do you have issues on other sites?

Hi! No, I can't grab them to resize  - and this  problem only affects Basschat on my iPad...

Another weird thing is that although I'm clearly logged in as me, I can't see my own name field nor the create button top right, nor click on the bell and mail icons.

All is OK here on my PC...

Did this start happening last week, as we had an update, it could be that your iPad had cached the old styles and the new style is breaking it - when we do an update it often does that with no button and menus not working untill we rebuild the pages on the cache, then it is fine. Really sounds like you need to clear your iPad if it is working on your windows machine, assuminng noone else is having this on their iPad (I know im not on two ipads but that is a small sample size!)

Well, I've cleared the cache and rebooted the iPad, but alas, it still won't let me input any body text. Never mind, thank you for your suggestions, it's doubtless something to do with my iPad following that update - I'll keep trying in slow time or maybe buy a new one!

Still the same problem, I'm using Safari as a browser, but switched to Opera to see if it made a difference - nada.

I have taken screenshots of the problem, but for the life of me cannot find where the iPad has stored them despite asking Uncle Google.

Will update again - in the last resort will take a photo of the screen!

I'm giving up on this - will now resign myself to posting on the desktop PC only instead of enjoying contributing whilst in bed, eating, drinking, ignoring Mrs G's choice of TV in the lounge or at my daily constitutional(s) - shame but there it is... thank you for your help - as they say, it's not you, it's me!