Why become a member? ×

ERNIE BALL 2EQ STINGRAY

niceguyhomer

I'm not sure about this but I thought there's no harm in testing the water. This is a superb bass in every respect, it sounds like a Stingray should, it's a joy to play and it's in exceptional condition.

It comes in the OHSC and also with a black scratchplate. I paid £700 in effect for it so if you want to buy it, you'll have to come fairly close to that to prise it out of my sticky mitts. Trades are welcome but please note, I'm only looking for something of equal or slightly higher value with cash adjustment +/- if necessary.

I like Laklands, Spectors and some Fenders - maybe a Stingray 5 but I've got an open mind - can be 4 or 5 strings.

More pics available if you want them..

Edited by niceguyhomer

[quote name='TPJ' post='51658' date='Aug 28 2007, 11:43 AM']Hi, why you thinking of selling that beauty?

Cheers[/quote]

Hi Tom,

I have a really nice Sterling with a Nordstrand pup and that does the Stingray sound so I was just thinking about maybe swapping for something that'll give me a different sound to be honest. I won't get stressed if it doesn't sell cos it really is a lovely bass and I was thinking of putting a John East preamp in if I keep it.

I just thought I'd see what was out there I suppose.

Edited by niceguyhomer

[quote name='niceguyhomer' post='51674' date='Aug 28 2007, 11:58 AM']... so I was just thinking about maybe swapping for something that'll give me a different sound[/quote]

A Wesley will give you a different sound Homer. How about I buy one off the bay and we swap :)
Chris

Edited by Beedster

[quote name='niceguyhomer' post='51674' date='Aug 28 2007, 11:58 AM']I won't get stressed if it doesn't sell cos it really is a lovely bass and I was thinking of putting a John East preamp in if I keep it.[/quote]
Funny, I was going to suggest dropping in an East if you weren't happy with the tone. The Sterling with Nordstrand sounds like a winning combo though.
Good luck with the sale.

Cheers,