Why become a member? ×

Dead Spots on bass bolt-on neck

6 hours ago, Bassfinger said:

Indeed, you're right on the money. T'was a cheeky swipe at the outrage threads about neck shimming can incite.

I was most definitely not being unkind to @Tobe in any way.

Apologies matey, I think I need a holiday tbh 🤭  😁

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 18/04/2024 at 23:02, BigRedX said:

For the one time I have had a dead spot on a neck, the Fat Finger worked very well as the dead spot was gone and didn't seem to re-appear anywhere noticeable. You can experiment with different sized G-clamps first to see if it makes a usable difference before shelling out on something more expensive and aesthetically pleasing.

i have a jazz fretless with the dead spot in the same area as the op and i also got rid of it with the fat finger ..not sure if it moved to another location but dammed if i can find it. 

• Like 1

Thanks going out to all contributors here. Problem now solved after purchasing a Fat Finger from fellow 'chatter', @bassbiscuits (thanks for your help in this one). No more dead spot on the 'C' at fifth fret, and as a bonus, the dead spot doesn't appear to have moved elsewhere. 
Back to being a happy bunny again. 😁👍

• Like 6

1 hour ago, snorkie635 said:

Thanks going out to all contributors here. Problem now solved after purchasing a Fat Finger from fellow 'chatter', @bassbiscuits (thanks for your help in this one). No more dead spot on the 'C' at fifth fret, and as a bonus, the dead spot doesn't appear to have moved elsewhere. 
Back to being a happy bunny again. 😁👍

Glad it helped mate. 

• Thanks 1