Why become a member? ×

MM Sterling - Now gone on to a new life

martthebass

The MM Sterling is sat in the back and never comes out to play. I purchased this bass from the Bass Merchant as NOS last year. It's a 2004 black on black with RW neck. There isn't a single mark on this bass - not even swirl marks, it really is as new. Full MM HSC and case candy

Edited by martthebass

• 2 months later...

Well 2 months have gone by and this bass hass been out of it's box only a handful of times. So as they say 'use it or lose it'. I've decided to put this up for straight sale as I'm interested in another bass on BC. As said above this bass is completely mint, in better nick than ones hung in the shop so I'm thinking to kick off offers around £690...........fair? Based on what I paid for it last year it works out that I've lost nearly £150 per gig!

Edited by martthebass

'Saturday night and bored because I don't have a gig' bump.

Did I mention that it was 'as new' and black.........the brain isn't what it used to be, must be all that cheap meat I ate as a student in the Eighties.
Anyone who wants to try it out will be rewarded with a cup of Yorkshire tea using Yorkshire water......it's a taste sensation (works best with 3 sugars) - honest.

Edited by martthebass

[quote name='martthebass' post='83701' date='Nov 4 2007, 09:23 PM']Now offered at the remarkably low price of £650....[/quote]

Are you open to any trade & cash offers? I love this bass. I want it. But can I afford it - one guess! However, I do have a rather lovely Yamaha TRB 1004 which I bought as a back up for my main (fretless) bass and which has since overtaken it as gig bass of choice. But I love Sterlings. I really love them. And black one's are the bass of the Gods...

Mark

Hi Mark,

sorry mate, at the mo I'm looking at cash because of a serious case of Status related GAS...
I'm giving meself about another week to sell this, if it doesn't go nevermind I'll just have to make a concerted effort to use it more often. Daft as it sounds one of the main reasons it doesn't get used is because it is mint and most of the places I play, well, aren't!

Cheers, Mart

Edited by martthebass

[quote name='Mr Cougar' post='84611' date='Nov 6 2007, 08:57 PM']'kin 'ell Martin, tempted to have a look at her.[/quote]

Yo, J. Thought you had a car to sort out :)
Yup parting with this one won't be easy but the craving for carbon just won't go away.

This bass has now gone to fellow bass chatter and Elliot Minor bassist - Ed. Hope he has many hours of fun with this bass and I look forward to seeing it sprawled across the front cover of Kerrang (and supporting Linkin Park).

Cheers for all those that showed an interest and glad that the bass could stay within the 'community',

Mart

[quote name='martthebass' post='86266' date='Nov 9 2007, 09:31 PM']This bass has now gone to fellow bass chatter and Elliot Minor bassist - Ed. Hope he has many hours of fun with this bass and I look forward to seeing it sprawled across the front cover of Kerrang (and supporting Linkin Park).

Cheers for all those that showed an interest and glad that the bass could stay within the 'community',

Mart[/quote]

Good news Mart. Does that mean you're going Status shopping???

[quote name='Old Horse Murphy' post='86269' date='Nov 9 2007, 09:33 PM']Good news Mart. Does that mean you're going Status shopping???[/quote]
Oh yes, I'm hoping my GAS will be sorted for a while. Then again once you've picked up your Bob Glaub (Holdness? Monkhouse?) I'm sure you'll set it off again. Then again I think it would have to be pretty special to out 'P' your '75!