Why become a member? ×

Final price drop 2005 Spector Rebop 5 DLX £675
£900
Just outside Milton Keynes

JGSpector

2005 Spector Rebop 5 DLX in black cherry high gloss finish.

This bass is a lovely player, is well balanced and is light, significantly lighter than a Euro 5LX anyway. It’s got a great tone and the active electronics give it a lot of versatility. It has a lovely satin neck that’s fast and very very playable.

There are a few small surface marks hear and there but nothing more than you would expect from a nearly 20 year old bass, I have tried to capture them on the photos.

The stock tuners have been replaced with Gotoh 350 Res-o-lite tuners. As a result there is no neck dive. The original EMG HZ pickups & TonePump pre amp have been replaced with an EMG TWX system.

The bass has Dunlop strap locks and it will come with the Neo-tech Mega strap I used with it as quite frankly, I’m not even going to attempt to remove the C clips that secure the locks to the strap as doing so will ruin the strap, so it may as well go with the bass.

It will come in an as new Spector gig bag. Alternatively, I do also have a Swan flight case listed that it fits in beautifully. If you want both the Rebop and the flight case, I’ll knock £25 off the combined cost.

Have now dropped the price to below what I’d actually like to get for it but am now at a point where I need to raise funds quickly but the price won’t go lower than this. Selling as we need to cover some horrendous vet bills the wife and I have incurred due to one of our dogs being severely ill.

I would prefer collection (I am approximately 15 minutes from junctions 14 and 15 of the M1 just outside Milton Keynes), but I am happy to ship if you want to arrange a courier (I do have proper bass shipping boxes so it will be well protected).

01.jpg

02.jpg

03.jpg

04.jpg

05.jpg

06.jpg

07.jpg

08.jpg

09.jpg

10.jpg

Edited by JGSpector
Final price drop to £675
  • Like 7

• JGSpector changed the title to Final price drop 2005 Spector Rebop 5 DLX £675
46 minutes ago, cetera said:

It's a Rebop5 not a Euro 5. Semantics but a different type of bass...

Fair enough but it’s Czech made isn’t it, which is more what I meant (rather than Korea etc) but yeh you’re right. Still cheap for what it is tho I think 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
50 minutes ago, SpindleyBass said:

And this an absolute beast of a bass! (It used to be mine!)

It sure is a beast of a bass. I didn't like the gloss neck so I got the neck professionally stripped back and refinished to a satin finish. Replaced the tuners with Gotoh Res-o-lite and replaced all the electronics. I actually really like the bass and were it not for the fact that I need to raise funds I wouldn't be selling it. It was the last in so has to be the first out and the one I sacrifice unfortunately

• Like 1