Why become a member? Ɨ

Can anyone near Wakefield help me out?

Hey folks! šŸ˜Š

Ā 

Just a quick question on the off-chance anyone can help me out: I've seen a bass I'd quite like on FB marketplace, but it's in Wakefield and I'm in Hereford.... That's a 7-8 hour round trip, depending on traffic.Ā 

Ā 

The seller isn't willing to ship. He's not willing to package it up for me to arrange a courier to collect. He's not up for meeting me part way, even a little bit.Ā 

Ā 

Soooo.... I just thought I'd see if there's any BCers in that area that might be willing to help me out? Either to grab the bass and package it up for me to have collected, or to meet me part way. Or if I'm really lucky, someone might travel towards the west midlands for work šŸ˜….

Ā 

Thanks!Ā 

Ā 

Oli

I'm near Wakefield but alas am not likely to be heading vaguely south for the foreseeable future, and unfortunately don't have packaging material either (I'm assuming that the seller isn't selling with a case so it won't just be a case (hah!) of taping cardboard to the outside to protect it). If you can figure out some sort of relay arrangement I might be able to do the first leg and take it as far as say Manchester or Mansfield. I assume you'd also want someone to give it a once over to make sure it's as described?

Edited by asingardenof

16 minutes ago, asingardenof said:

I'm near Wakefield but alas am not likely to be heading vaguely south for the foreseeable future, and unfortunately don't have packaging material either (I'm assuming that the seller isn't selling with a case so it won't just be a case (hah!) of taping cardboard to the outside to protect it). If you can figure out some sort of relay arrangement I might be able to do the first leg and take it as far as say Manchester or Mansfield. I assume you'd also want someone to give it a once over to make sure it's as described?

Thanks for the offer! I'll see how it goes and let you know.Ā 

Ā 

Yeah, he doesn't have a case or any packaging materials..Ā  šŸ™„

Ā 

It's a cheap bass as a project, so I'm not TOO worried about it having a thorough once-over.