Why become a member? ×

You what????

Cheers man. Can you hear the tone on the bass well?

I’m the only one on stage that will use iem, drummer occasionally. This means I’ll still need the 810 for everyone else I guess. 
I have lead guitarist Marshall stack right to the left of me and can’t even hear the bass drum , let alone vocals or rhythm guitar. I know the songs well so can just about get away with it but would be great to know if I was slightly out of tune or randomly decided to play in a different key.😄

I've found that while inexpensive systems can work well (I used the Xvive), you still need to spend £150 of more for the earphone doobreys if you want a decent bass response. Cheaper ones are fine for guitar or mandolin, but bass is fairly demanding on the earphones.

6 hours ago, DJpullchord said:

Cheers man. Can you hear the tone on the bass well?

I’m the only one on stage that will use iem, drummer occasionally. This means I’ll still need the 810 for everyone else I guess. 
I have lead guitarist Marshall stack right to the left of me and can’t even hear the bass drum , let alone vocals or rhythm guitar. I know the songs well so can just about get away with it but would be great to know if I was slightly out of tune or randomly decided to play in a different key.😄

The important thing here (aside from the fact that it sounds like your guitarist is loud enough to (1) cause his band members serious hearing damage and (2) ruin any hope of a decent FOH mix) is that you need to make sure you get the best possible fit on your earphones to block out as much of the outside noise as possible so you can have a clear IEM mix. 

The best you'll get is custom moulds, but if you're looking for budget wireless I'm guessing you're not keen to drop hundreds on that. Next best thing is to experiment with the different sizes of Comply foam tips on generic IEMs to see what seals the best for you. 

Sounds like the real problem is plugged in to the Marshall though, and addressing that will do you all sorts of favours!

Edited by mike257
  • Like 1

Yeh, it’s small stages where I’m wedged between the drums and the Marshall, it’s not too bad if I can stand out of its direction, but often not possible. I wear a hearing aid a lot, got a benign brain tumour that causes hearing loss, so quite used to having a speaker in my ear. 
thanks for your help👍