Why become a member? ×

Murder On The Dancefloor/piece in the Guardian.

I was a huge fan of the New Radicals album, although Gregg Alexander always came across as being a bit of an ungrateful knob.  

Interesting piece about Murder On The Dancefloor in The Grauniad today, I had no idea he co-wrote it.  Interestingly there's a 40 second clip of his demo of it; the song is immediately recognisable, but it's also (obviously) like listening to New Radicals putting their spin on it.

Shame they only did one album.  #2 could have been an absolute belter had Alexander not given the material intended to other artistes.

https://www.theguardian.com/music/2024/mar/04/hear-gregg-alexander-original-demo-of-murder-on-the-dancefloor-sophie-ellis-bextor

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, madshadows said:

Yes their album is incredible, never really understood why they gave up but I guess he's done alright with the songwriting for others, producing etc. !! 😛 

John 😎 

There was a story about him working with Ronan Keating and taking a (fake) call from the US advising him of a death in the family, or something, just so he could abandon the session because he hated it so much.

• Haha 2