Why become a member? ×

The Iron Man - A £5 PCB make your own version of a SS/BS Mini
£5
Leeds

Short version:

A PCB with a circuit like a Smallsound/Bigsound Mini ... which is itself very like the Fairfield Circuitry Barbershop  in terms of circuit if nothing else...

I have 9 8 7 6 3 of them up for grabs

For sale posted to your door in the UK for the price of a pint!

(My pints are £5 from Amity brewery down the hill in Farsley)

image.thumb.jpg.5aeea5d42c698818b8115f1eb6a117a0.jpgIMG_0572.thumb.jpeg.a32b5b8d196a2e3bae45e4c7e258f312.jpegIMG_0573.thumb.jpeg.4e94c63c945187d8541d283afbf3928f.jpeg

Long version:

Years back I got into building pedals, then sold them all and forgot it. Then I got into it again.
Sometime in 2022 I tried to make my own PCB. It was an utter disaster of a process let down by me not planning ahead... fast forward a bit and I get a load of premade PCB from PedalPCB and other places, build more stuff and learn more... One of the ones I made was a Barbershop overdrive clone - I loved it - Mild JFet overdrive is my happy place. The Barbershop sounded a lot like Beta pedal without the Beta's baked in bass boost... A barbershop with EQ would be cool I thought... "look for a SS/BS Mini" someone on talkbass said... well I couldn't afford that but I found someone else layout and figured I could make my own - but redesign the PCB to fit in a 1590b... 
Which would get me a pedal I wanted to try AND tick the "successfully design a PCB" item off the bucket list.... 
I almost did it .... 
So it's not a perfect, there's two traces missing that you have to do manually... and if you've never made a pedal before JFETs aren't like ICs that are plug and go... and fitting it in a 1590a is not the easiest thing you will have done with your life... and I'm not offering support beyond the build doc (and being a nice guy) But if you've built the odd pedal before none of this should be a problem... 

There is a build document here https://docs.google.com/document/d/1tmyy3kRHbvgvlTAjUWAN9k2UuxKYZ2yRWj447h42MhM/edit?usp=sharing 

I am not sending you anything till you've looked at the build document and understand what you'll get  -

If you want to build your first pedal pick a Aion Electronics or PedalPCB kit from Musikding,

If you want a SS/BS Mini pre built buy one - or a Noise Space Audio Piggy , I did get asked if I would build these up and sell them... it's not something I'ld be massively keen on...
So I figured sell them, price of a pint including UK postage. 

I have 10 PCB, and @jimbobothy is having one of them for his first pedal build - so that leaves 9 9 8 7 6 3 left if anyone wants them. 

Edited by LukeFRC
  • Like 1

• LukeFRC changed the title to The Iron Man - A PCB make your own version of something influenced by a SS/BS Mini (6 left)
  • LukeFRC changed the title to The Iron Man - A £5 PCB make your own version of a SS/BS Mini
  • LukeFRC changed the title to The Iron Man - A £5 PCB make your own version of a SS/BS Mini (Kit with part available up to the point I place order for parts myself)
  • LukeFRC changed the title to The Iron Man - A £5 PCB make your own version of a SS/BS Mini