Why become a member? ×

1985 Fender 57RI Japanese Precision Bass MIJ **Reduced to £950 ONO**
£1000
Bolton

Pow_22

Never thought I would actually do this but something has come up that has fired up a serious case of GAS.

Here we have my Japanese 57RI P bass made in December of 1985 according to the pencil date on the neck butt.  In my opinion the BEST P bass colour combo - two tone sunburst, gold anodised guard and maple board.  It comes with the original white pickguard and pickups - currently the pickups in her are Toneriders but i do still have the originals for those into that sort of thing.  Set up a while back at Jacks instrument repairs and currently sports the excellent and superb Elites Detroit flatwound strings.  couple of small dings and the usual belt buckle rash on the back.  I will dig out the luggage scales to answer the usual BC question.  Don't see too many around at this age - most i see online are 90's ones.

Depending on your 'vintage' this is either very Duck Dunn or Alex James :)

I don't currently have a gig bag or case as this travels in my duo gig bag but if that's a deal breaker I can buy a cheapo one.

As this is only on the block for something that has cropped up I'm not looking for trades at the moment.  If I've overpriced I'm open to ONO offers

The bass is based in Bolton but could do meets.  Any further questions please shout.

IMG_5909.jpeg

IMG_5910.jpeg

IMG_5911.jpeg

IMG_5912.jpeg

IMG_5913.jpeg

IMG_5914.jpeg

IMG_5916.jpeg

IMG_5917.jpeg

IMG_5915.jpeg

IMG_5918.jpeg

IMG_4578.jpeg

IMG_4784.jpeg

54CA0894-88C0-4A04-A810-F7B501CE9F8B.jpeg

Edited by Pow_22
  • Like 13

• Pow_22 changed the title to 1985 Fender 57RI Japanese Precision Bass MIJ **Reduced to £950 ONO**
  • Pow_22 changed the title to 1985 Fender 57RI Japanese Precision Bass MIJ *withdrawn*
  • Kiwi unlocked this topic

Reopened this add (Thanks @Kiwi) as as much as i like p bass sounds i just cant get on with their necks anymore and my jazz gets more playtime.  I would consider trades for a MIJ jazz bass (burst, rosewood and block inlays) 

• Like 1

• Pow_22 changed the title to 1985 Fender 57RI Japanese Precision Bass MIJ **Reduced to £950 ONO**