Why become a member? ×

Danelectro Cool-Cat 18v chorus (SOLD)

bobbass4k

Hey, just got this off Theo (Dosi'Y'Aanarchy) a few days ago, it's a great pedal, but i just can't justify 4 dirt pedals, this is great but I can get all the sounds i need out of the other 3. As this is a bit of an oddity round these parts I thought I'd go for a waffley explanation:

Fuzzrocious is a company run by TalkBass member Ryan and his wife, he (mostly, I think) hand builds pedals from General Guitar Gadgets clone kits, then she handpaints them. The Green Stache is a GGG (general guitar gadgets) tuned Big Muff clone, not sure what the tuned part means, according to the GGG schematics the only difference between this and the green sovtek muff (considered by many to be the best version, especially for bass) is a few resistor values. Apparently the Sanford and Sonny Bluebeard Fuzz of much pedalhead lore is very similar to a tuned muff circuit, so this could make a good alternative without the inflated price tag, importing hassle, year long wait and stupid secret handshake stuff to get one

Fuzzrocious site with soundclips and vids and info [url="http://www.myspace.com/fuzzrociouspedals"]here[/url]

Low-res camera phone pics:

This thing is well put together, all the modcons, true bypass, 9v adapter, and it does have a battery connector. Apparently ryan has stopped putting them in his new pedals but as the gutshot shows, this DOES have a 9v battery connector.

It's in good condition, few chips and scratches here and there but works perfectly fine.

SOLD

Also got my 18v Danelectro Cool Cat Chorus, great chorus, I've just got no use for a chorus atm, so I really can't justify £35 just to play along to the occasional tool song....

In great condition, couple of scratches here and there but nothing major, I'll include the 18v power supply too

I'd let this go for £35 posted

I'd definitley be interested in trades, ideally looking for a flanger/vibrato/phaser/tremolo but I'll consider anything that isn't a dirt/gain pedal (with the green stache I've got 4)

I'd also sell both for a nice round £100 posted

Cheers

Edited by bobbass4k

Unintentional bump, my cash situation has sorted itself out so I'd definitley consider trades for a flanger/phaser/tremolo/vibrato or any other weird oddities, could also offer up my 18v cool cat (chorus) for something pricier

Shameless "I've just ordered a custom pedal and now need money for more custom pedals" bump, also price drop on cool cat to £35 posted

Quick edit: I've decided the cool cat will be going on evilBay on Wednesday if there's no joy here, the Green Stache however I will not put on evilBay, as it's something of a rarity on these shores I'd like to know it's going to a decent home, still definitely interested in tremolo/phaser/vibe trades, probably leaning more towards a trem though

Edited by bobbass4k

hey, if it doesn't sell, i'll buy the stache back.

I'd buy it straight back, but i dont get paid till the 28th,

The pedal i got to replace the stache also sounds great, but is more than double the size, and the stache'll go perfect on my mini-board

[quote name='Dosi Y'Anarchy' post='492074' date='May 19 2009, 07:29 AM']hey, if it doesn't sell, i'll buy the stache back.

I'd buy it straight back, but i dont get paid till the 28th,

The pedal i got to replace the stache also sounds great, but is more than double the size, and the stache'll go perfect on my mini-board[/quote]

Hey Theo, if it hasn't gone by monday (25'th) I'll put it on hold for you

[quote name='tayste_2000' post='492098' date='May 19 2009, 08:40 AM']You you be interested in a EHX English Muff'n for the Cool Cat and some money?[/quote]

Sorry, for the first time ever I'm actually happy with my dirt/gain setup, won't need another one for a while

Shameless bumpage, I haven't put the cool-cat on eBay yet, and I probably won't, so it'll be here till it's gone

Now I've finally declared my xp-100 beyond revival I'm also interested in trades for a whammy, XP-100 or wh-4

What goes bump in the night? This thread

Right, some stuff has come up so I'm now definitley not looking to trade, sorry folks, I need cash more than phasers right now, it's exam time, which means heavy drinking when it's over

[quote name='Muse_Cubed' post='504580' date='Jun 3 2009, 12:10 PM']Hmm, I've got one of the newer Russian Muffs (black). How much better would you say this is?[/quote]

It's been a while since I had my black russian muff but I'd say this is a lot better, It's a lot clearer, less muddy, even with the tone knob all the way down, the low end is very defined, the tone and sustain knobs are just generally more useable, I remember on my black russian, there was only a few settings that really sounded good, even with the tone and sustain knobs cranked I'd say it still sounds good, and it's 1/2 the size, 9v power jack and true bypass