Why become a member? ×

Bass player wanted for renaissance-folk-rock band in Chepstow

Rosie C

Fancy being the next Earl Grey of Chimay? We play a mixture of Tudor-era dance music, traditional & modern folk, and a fair few Blackmore's Night covers. We have occasional performances, but it's generally low-key - community events and the local brewery's tap room. We have a rehearsal space near Chepstow, and we have gigs lined up for April, May and June. Our two core members are on vocal/percussion and vocal/mandocello/recorder, and we're supported by two other musicians on keys/mandolin/vocal and violin/mandolin. A bass player would fill out our sound nicely. The band grew out of a community music group and we still have a focus on community events. NB: the two core members are a couple, for those who consider than a big red flag, you've been warned! We're mostly in our 50s but have no expectation of your age. We perform in costume - photos on Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/TheTudorSyndicate . 

27 minutes ago, Rosie C said:

We play a mixture of Tudor-era dance music

That on its own makes this one of the most interesting adverts I've ever seen on Basschat. I had no idea combos such as yours existed.

Sadly I am nowhere near Chepstow, but good luck with getting the right person.

• Like 1

I saw Blackmore's Night a few years ago - they were quite good and Mrs Blackmore is a fine singer.

Blackmore got bored towards the end and turned up and started playing songs the rest of the band didn't know, so that was a bit naff.

• Sad 1

Just now, prowla said:

I saw Blackmore's Night a few years ago - they were quite good and Mrs Blackmore is a fine singer.

Blackmore got bored towards the end and turned up and started playing songs the rest of the band didn't know, so that was a bit naff.

She is indeed. I have about the same vocal range, but I can only aspire to her talent! I saw them in the USA last November - a bit of a wild move, but they've not toured in Europe since before covid and Ritchie's not getting any younger.

• Like 1