Why become a member? ×

Gallien Krueger 400rb Mk1 UK voltage price drop £225 - *WITHDRAWN*
£250
Lichfield, Staffordshire

Gallien Krueger 400rb from ( I think) 1988. All original caps on controls, no nasty crackling when turning the dials. Works and sounds great. UK voltage not modified. 

Pretty firm on price as when I look on marketplace they're priced between 250 and 400. Sadly I won't courier it; too many previous courier woes. As it's a 35 year old amp it's probably more sensible to try it out first, I'm not totally against meeting up on the motorway but obviously that rules out a try out. 

One of the greatest sounding amps IMO, particularly through an old SVT 810, I'm not doing anything musically classy enough to warrant using it regularly unfortunately. 

I'd consider a GK neo 1x12 or 2x12 as a trade with cash adjustment. 

Thanks for viewing, Martin 

20240217_123047.jpg

20240217_123142.jpg

20240217_123152.jpg

Edited by The fasting showman
Withdrawn for now
  • Like 8

This and the old 800RB are two of the best bass heads ever made imho. With an efficient 4 ohm cab this is SOOOO much louder than anyone would expect.

If you were closer, this would be mine....

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

Great, great amps. I have a slightly later one - same model but IEC mains plug. Just got back in from a gig. I think the trick with them is to put the drive and master up high and control the volume with the input gain.

Somebody buy this before I do.

GLWTS

Shug

• Thanks 1

So I have a modern GK MB112 200w combo - if I got this and an appropriate cab would it be louder than my combo? I need something much louder and I am drawn to the older GK stuff as one of favourite bassists used one of these for years. 

Edited by Minininjarob
  • Like 1

Hi,

The 400rb can get very loud with the right cab ( svt 810 or a 2x15 with EVs or new Neo equivalent) but it is 200w into 4 ohms, probably 125 into 8 ohms. There's some magic in how the RB series GKs work the speakers. 

Size for size though, I'd not want to claim that a modern boutique 1x12 being driven by the 400rb would be drastically louder than the setup you have, there's so many variables. 

I guess you could justify it as a head to use with, say, a rehearsal room cab as an alternative to your combo.

Thanks for the interest despite me not really answering your question! 

Cheers 

Martin 

14 hours ago, The fasting showman said:

Hi,

The 400rb can get very loud with the right cab ( svt 810 or a 2x15 with EVs or new Neo equivalent) but it is 200w into 4 ohms, probably 125 into 8 ohms. There's some magic in how the RB series GKs work the speakers. 

Size for size though, I'd not want to claim that a modern boutique 1x12 being driven by the 400rb would be drastically louder than the setup you have, there's so many variables. 

I guess you could justify it as a head to use with, say, a rehearsal room cab as an alternative to your combo.

Thanks for the interest despite me not really answering your question! 

Cheers 

Martin 

Thanks for your honesty. I think I’ll pass on this but if anyone is reading and hasn’t had a Gk Amp before you are missing out and you should buy this!!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• The fasting showman changed the title to Gallien Krueger 400rb Mk1 UK voltage Withdrawn for now