Why become a member? ×

Octave up pedal.

NigeJ

Seeking wisdom from the collective hive mind. Looking at running an octave pedal, with octave up. Currently running distortion via a Darkglass pedal. I need to keep the distortion plus an octave up. Is there a pedal that does this without breaking the bank?

Mate,  the best.

https://www.moosetwentythree.com/shop/nomad

Not sure if it's bank breaking or not for you, but it is just a killer pedal.

i know at least a few people on here have this exact pedal.

maybe @admiralchew and @0175westwood29

Or are you saying you just need to add an octave up after your distortion?

If so, you want this fella:

https://www.earthquakerdevices.com/tentacle

• Like 1

The Nomad is phenomenal. @Ander87 recently picked one up too. I've tried a fair few of Cian at Moose's pedals and they've all been great; so much so I expect to have another NPD in the next few days.

The COG T-65 and Magic Witchfinder are the other fuzz octaves that spring to mind, and the Life Pedal, but for availability, price and just outright quality the Nomad takes some beating.

if you just want octave up, EHX's POGs sound good (although a little organ-like on more settings than I would like). I've used a POG2 and I'm currently using a smaller POG as part of a bi-amping sound to get a Royal Blood-ish tone.

11 hours ago, admiralchew said:

The Nomad is phenomenal. @Ander87 recently picked one up too. I've tried a fair few of Cian at Moose's pedals and they've all been great; so much so I expect to have another NPD in the next few days.

I can vouch for this beast - thanks to Mike!

The Nomad is super organic, easy to dial... the clean blend is fundamental as I like a good fuzz that I can dial out and leave sizzle in the back without overtaking.

it also stacks super nicely with the different clipping/diode options... I have only scratched the surface with mine but I do love it!!

Ander.

• Like 2

If you're talking about jumping your distorted sound up and octave and adding that to the regular distorted sound, TC Sub'n'up works great for this.

You can create toneprints to EQ the upper octave voice. Or add yet more distortion to it, etc 

On 17/02/2024 at 22:27, AJ567 said:

If you're talking about jumping your distorted sound up and octave and adding that to the regular distorted sound, TC Sub'n'up works great for this.

You can create toneprints to EQ the upper octave voice. Or add yet more distortion to it, etc 

Here I go through the custom Toneprint settings I made for my Sub'N'Up Mini (works just the same as the regular big version of the pedal, the only difference is fewer physical controls on the Mini version), that I use for a faux guitar/8 string bass kind of effect: 

Edited by Baloney Balderdash
  • Like 2