Why become a member? ×

Check out my rack

basshead56

I finally managed to complete my doom rack!

Found a bloke in the USA that makes rack mounts for Darkglass 900 series amps.

Took a couple of weeks to get it (thanks NZ post) but damn this guy does good work.

Well built and a full set of installation hardware and comprehensive installation instructions.

Absolutely delighted with this.

Just need a better footswitch for the amp - either the Super Intelligent or the new Midi (if they ever arrive)

20240215_203649.jpg

20240215_203220.jpg

• Like 6

When I first went to using rack gear I had a power bar, a Korg tuner, a pre-amp and a 1400W Class AB power amp. Looked great but I could hardly lift it. The system sounded great so I was prepared to accept the weight.  I should add: I was a LOT younger then too!!! :D

I started using Snark clip on tuners so the Korg was removed. Through many iterations rack units came and went. Crossovers, EQs, and other units got swapped in and out as time passed.  I still have a plethora of these various components hanging around my workshop. LOL

My final assembly, in a four space SKB rack case, consists of a 2KW capable Class D power amp and a Tube pre-amp I built to drive it. I can lift the whole thing with just two fingers.  It supplies around 1KW into two of my Acme Sound B2 speaker cabinets. It gives me the full 2KW when I use all four of my B2 boxes. 

Edited by BassmanPaul
  • Like 2

FWIW, here's mine. Only two things in it at the moment, the Line 6 wireless receiver and the G-B Shuttle 9.2 amp. The red-ringed socket on the front is the output from the Line 6, and I have a colour coded cable snake (red send, green return) to the FX board. Hence the green blob next to the amp input. The third plug in the back is a phone charger, just in case anything needs a top-up.

It's all in the name of convenience. 

Amp rack 1.jpg

Edited by Rich

Ooh I like this game. My rack stays at home as class D amps and pedals are so much easier to gig with, but here's mine with one side of the compressor & effects processor handling guitar (from the Marshall) and the other side bass currently from the Ashdown preamp but alternatively the Genz. Then everything back into the Ashdown effects return and out to whichever cab takes my fancy... I like nothing better than fiddling with a rack at home, in private...

Untitled.jpg.a8372d9d3c1e5c2f26f0b9868743b272.jpg

• Like 1