Why become a member? ×

Strings that will fit a mid 90s Warwick Bridge?

40hz

Hello all!

I've had a fair few Warwicks over the years, but never an older (pre 00's) 5 String. The bridge on my 95 Streamer Bolt-On has narrower channels on the anchor points, but especially the B, which is proving very problematic, meaning I can't just slap any old strings on it. 

Stopping short of filing it, or 'crimping' existing strings, does anyone know of have experience of what brands (aside from Warwick themselves) have tapered B's or would fit? It's weirdly proving quite difficult to find this info on bass shops, online.

Thanks in advance!

Edited by 40hz

LaBella Hard Rocking Steels (or whatever they have changed the name to). However IMO Warwick Black labels are just as good and about half the price.

You could always order a custom set from Newtone. They can do taper windings on any string over a 50 gauge.

• Thanks 1

Warwick, keeping you in the ecosystem! 🤣

I've only ever used Red Labels, and Yellow (when they existed), and found the Reds very rough, but the Yellows were nicely pliable. Where do Black labels fall in this spectrum for feel?

I feel your pain.. I have a 93 Corvette Proline & a 95 Thumb NT, both 5 string 

The Corvette bridge will fit virtually any B string yet the Thumb needs a tapered B to fit comfortably?

When I used to have a string endorsement with Bass centre Elites, I used to order separate tapered low B’s in a .130?

so my suggestion would be to contact the Bass centre?

I haven’t used Elites for a few years since I received some rusty/corroded sets, but I presume they’ve improved in time?

When I restring the Thumb bass these days, I tend to use D’addario Pro-steels that have a tapered B..

• Thanks 1