Why become a member? ×

Peavey Rudy Sarzo fretless 4. Unique, modified
£499
TS (UK)

eubassix

Peavey Rudy Sarzo fretless 4. Unique, modified.I bought this Peavey 'Rudy Sarzo'  ( PV's flagship bass in the late 80's) as a project several years ago but have only recently  reconfigured it. It has the original flame maple neck through-body, with nicely figured ash wings (walnut stringers). It was originally finished in the standard maroon stain (translucent) as can still be seen on the lower part of the scalloped headstock ('Sarzo' & 'Peavey') but was stripped off to reveal the quite exotic body woods. The original Peavey gold tuners and Schaller roller 3 way gold adjustable bridge have been replaced (over time) with black tuners (gotoh-type) and quick-release/change bridge (black). It had previous luthier (Thomas Handley) work in fitting a replacement flame maple fretless board to match the body along with the truss rod cover in flame maple. The red & black dot markers are somewhat ott and initially quite confusing, but the black dots denote 'fretline' points and the red dots the usual dot placements on a std. bass. Its been routed for different pickups over the years but currenty fitted are a pair of generic MM type.  The electrics had been reduced to a simple  Vol-Vol-Tone but I've fitted a simple active (9v) circuit which now has: Volume, Pan (between pickups), and 3EQ (Bass, Mids, Treble boost). Rudy Sarzo (who featured in the God Bless Ozzy Osborne documentary) is  is a Cuban American hard rock/heavy metal bassist,  best known for his work with Quiet Riot, Ozzy Osbourne, and Whitesnake. I have lots of 'build' photos and have included 2 (final 2) photos of the bass as it would have been originally c. 35 years ago. Really tricky instrument in terms of 'value' (it would have been expensive back in the day)

IMG_20230531_165944.jpg

IMG_20230531_165953.jpg

IMG_20230531_170031.jpg

IMG_20230531_170006.jpg

IMG_20230505_150137.jpg

IMG_20230505_150145.jpg

rudysarzo3.jpg

rudysarzo5.jpg

• Like 9

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
1 hour ago, sunfish said:

Great looking fretless. Can you tell me the weight.

Also what's the width of the nut?

Thanks - I'll check those and post/PM asap.