Why become a member? ×

Can anyone identify an 80s bass from this video....

Grooverjr

Can anyone out there identify the bass in this video? Stickers apart, it's a real looker and it has a nice growl and it's kind of hovering in the back of my mind but I can't place it and the video is just grainy enough to make it impossible to make out the name on the headstock. The best look is in the first few seconds so if you don't like Spanish pop punk you don't have to listen to it for long. Spotter's badge and personal pride to the winner! 

Thanks. I've gone down a bit of a rabbithole on them since yesterday. Not cheap nowadays but seem like amazing and incredibly versatile basses, epsecially for a passive. Not usually a fan of colourful basses but that is particularly handsome and the blue ones seem hard to find. I'll have to keep my eyes peeled and hope one comes up when I have some cash!

'Frost Blue' dates it between 1982 and 1985.

The folk in Peavey's spray shop had little experience so finish options came in baby steps, most of the first year natural matt was it 😃 Gradually they worked up to gloss with  solid colours like black and red coming online around the 18 month mark. By 82 they got a handle on spraying, bodies were dunked in a vat of electrostatic liquid so the paint would stick easier . Peavey decided to discontinue the T-40 in 85, took them almost 2 years to reduce the stockpile of surplus bodies. All of those were sprayed black as it hid a multitude of sins 🤣

• Like 1

Ah right. Thanks for the info. Funny to think that Peavey were once feeling thier way on something so basic as painting a bass. And that also explains why there are a lot of black ones knocking around still. It does look very mean in the black but that frost blue is so 80s. 

35 minutes ago, kodiakblair said:

'Frost Blue' dates it between 1982 and 1985.

The folk in Peavey's spray shop had little experience so finish options came in baby steps, most of the first year natural matt was it 😃 Gradually they worked up to gloss with  solid colours like black and red coming online around the 18 month mark. By 82 they got a handle on spraying, bodies were dunked in a vat of electrostatic liquid so the paint would stick easier . Peavey decided to discontinue the T-40 in 85, took them almost 2 years to reduce the stockpile of surplus bodies. All of those were sprayed black as it hid a multitude of sins 🤣