Why become a member? ×

new Rush tribute, Invisible Airwaves

toneknob

14 hours ago, Hemibass said:

I have been planning on doing a full rig rundown on my Youtube channel for a while but I have a new bass on order and kind of want to wait until that arrives before I make the video, but I can quickly list my gear here if you are interested.

My main bass is a MIJ Geddy Lee Jazz bass from the mid-late 2000s, and I play that with Rotosound Swingbass66 strings. I have a Tech-21 GED-2112 Sansamp and a Trace Elliot GP12X  (distorted sound and clean sound) which I blend to get the bass sound I want. Those go into a Palmer PDI-05 speaker simulator. It's a similar setup to what Geddy used in the Test for Echo era, which is my favourite tone of his.

Here is my Youtube for anyone interested: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC4dlAoqg21GSUqNZX3GuA9w

Thanks for the link! will geek out later. What vintage is your Ricky btw?

• Like 1

On 12/02/2024 at 19:52, Hemibass said:

I didn't see this thread until I googled us to find the link for the tickets to our gig haha

I'm the bass player in this band (Invisible Airwaves)!

Thanks for all the nice comments guys. Lovely to hear.

And can confirm, Tamas is a very cool guy  :D

Maybe see some of you in June!

You guys have done an amazing rendition of Tom Sawyer, absolutely bang on!

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Hemibass said:

I have been planning on doing a full rig rundown on my Youtube channel for a while but I have a new bass on order and kind of want to wait until that arrives before I make the video, but I can quickly list my gear here if you are interested.

My main bass is a MIJ Geddy Lee Jazz bass from the mid-late 2000s, and I play that with Rotosound Swingbass66 strings. I have a Tech-21 GED-2112 Sansamp and a Trace Elliot GP12X  (distorted sound and clean sound) which I blend to get the bass sound I want. Those go into a Palmer PDI-05 speaker simulator. It's a similar setup to what Geddy used in the Test for Echo era, which is my favourite tone of his.

Here is my Youtube for anyone interested: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC4dlAoqg21GSUqNZX3GuA9w

I don't know whereabouts you are in the UK, but I can pretty much guarantee that there would be an awful lot of people who would be very interested to see your rig if you brought it along to a Bass Bash..! 

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, Rich said:

I don't know whereabouts you are in the UK, but I can pretty much guarantee that there would be an awful lot of people who would be very interested to see your rig if you brought it along to a Bass Bash..! 

I'm not sure what a Bass Bash is, but it sounds like something I would enjoy. Always love seeing peoples bass gear.

I'm based in SW London!

5 hours ago, toneknob said:

Thanks for the link! will geek out later. What vintage is your Ricky btw?

I actually don't have it anymore! I sold it on here last year. Decided after 10+ years of battling with it I would just stick to Jazz basses from now on haha. They just suit me too perfectly.

It's a 1978 which I purchased in about 2010ish if I remember right.

It sounded great (if that Ricky sound is what you are going for which I loved more than anything when I was younger), but I just ended up preferring both the tone and the feel of my Jazz bass in the end

9 minutes ago, Hemibass said:

I'm not sure what a Bass Bash is, but it sounds like something I would enjoy. Always love seeing peoples bass gear.

I'm based in SW London!

The South East bash would be your closest, here's the thread from the 2023 one. Sounds like it would be right up your street, and I can guarantee that you would be more than welcome. If you fancied the drive, you'd be most welcome at the always-fabulous South West Bash too..!

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Hemibass said:

I actually don't have it anymore! I sold it on here last year. Decided after 10+ years of battling with it I would just stick to Jazz basses from now on haha. They just suit me too perfectly.

It's a 1978 which I purchased in about 2010ish if I remember right.

It sounded great (if that Ricky sound is what you are going for which I loved more than anything when I was younger), but I just ended up preferring both the tone and the feel of my Jazz bass in the end

I know what you mean - I've got both a Geddy Jazz and a late 70s Ricky. I spent a long time in Genesis tributes so the Ricky had its time and place and more than adequately did the job. However since I've moved on from that world, the Jazz gets a lot more of the action these days. (Still got the Ricky though)

• Like 1