Why become a member? ×

Laney or Ashdown

spineris

If you can try them both, then I'd suggest doing so. If that's not an option, I think that the Ashdown is probably a better bet. The Laney puts 65W into a 12" speaker. The Ashdown puts about the same wattage into a 15" speaker, but you have the option of connecting up an additional 8 ohm cabinet, and then you'll be able to get about 100W out of it.

If weight is an issue, you might be better with the Laney, as it weighs 19kg, whereas the Ashdown weighs 27kg (according to mfr specs)

S.P.

Edited by Stylon Pilson

[quote name='Stylon Pilson' post='485698' date='May 12 2009, 10:34 AM']If you can try them both, then I'd suggest doing so. If that's not an option, I think that the Ashdown is probably a better bet. The Laney puts 65W into a 12" speaker. The Ashdown puts about the same wattage into a 15" speaker, but you have the option of connecting up an additional 8 ohm cabinet, and then you'll be able to get about 100W out of it.

If weight is an issue, you might be better with the Laney, as it weighs 19kg, whereas the Ashdown weighs 27kg (according to mfr specs)

S.P.[/quote]

+1 on the Ashdown, i was playing a Five Fifteen the other day at a relatives and it sounded really good, nice fat tone and good but simple eq

I’ve used both Laney and Ashdown amps a few times, and on a couple of occasions I’ve been able to get a really nice tone from the Laneys but Ashdown have always sounded like a muffled fart in a cardboard box to my ears. I’d try and get some hands on experience with both before you make a decision though.

[quote name='spineris' post='485692' date='May 12 2009, 12:27 PM']Hi,
I want to buy a bass amplifier. One man suggested to buy Laney RB3 but i think about Ashdown Five Fifteen.
Which one is better? Why?[/quote]
Hey,

Aren't you the guy on ferrum.lt who asked this? Just checkin'.

Cheers,
Fek