Why become a member? ×

Alembic mini documentary and electronics demo

visog

Very interesting thanks for posting. There's no doubting the quality of these instruments, and while they're not really my cup of tea sound wise you can't help but admire the passion and craft that goes into Alembic basses, it's all absolutely top notch.

I certainly have a love/hate relationship with Alembics. Wonderful craftsmanship there is no doubt but the mark king model I had sounded great but wasn’t very stable neck wise and seemed such a reach even to the third fret it used to kill my neck and shoulder. 
The Stanley Clarke I had, on the other hand , I’ve always said was the most comfortable bass to play I’ve ever had but try as I might i just couldn’t get a sound I liked out of it. Maybe it was just me but for all the filters and Q switches, for all the sounds they produce I found most of them just not ‘useable’ in real gigging/playing situations .Drove me crazy 🤣.

I now have a distillate which seems to give me the best of both worlds.very comfortable with the 32’ neck (though it still feels much like a 34scale does on other makes) and much simpler to dial in a good sound (for me) without much fuss. 

Edited by tubbybloke68
  • Like 3