Why become a member? ×

Atelier Z - M265 5 string jazz bass - *WITHDRAWN*
£1500
Cheltenham

Gunsfreddy2003

I’ve decided to move on this wonderful jazz bass that I had built for me in 2017 via Danny at Bass Japan Direct.

Top notch bass built to an amazingly high standard which is why they are used by the likes of Jerry Barnes of Chic and Francis Hylton from Incognito - I’d say comparable to Sadowsky and better than Fender!

It comes with branded gig bag, all paperwork and the cleaning cloth.

As you can see from the build card it is spec’d with 70’s pick up spacing, the EQ-M preamp and 70’s wound pick ups. The only mod that I have made is to add a tone control for when the bass is in passive mode as for some reason they don’t have one when they build the basses which I think is a little odd. So controls are now, neck pick up vol, bridge pick up vol, stacked bass and treble and then passive tone control and this gives you the option for so many great tones.

The bass has been gigged a lot but is in great condition as I look after my gear.

I’ve tried to catch the vibe of the bass with the pics and video.

IMG_2305.jpeg

IMG_2304.jpeg

IMG_2302.jpeg

IMG_2299.jpeg

IMG_2298.jpeg

IMG_2297.jpeg

IMG_2296.jpeg

IMG_2295.jpeg

IMG_2294.jpeg

IMG_2293.jpeg

Edited by Gunsfreddy2003
  • Like 7

16 hours ago, Risk101 said:

Very nice - love the block inlays - what is the string spacing and how much does it weigh?

thanks

I think the string spacing is 18mm - see pic and the weight is 9.8lbs.

IMG_2334.jpeg

IMG_2333.jpeg

Edited by Gunsfreddy2003
Measurement was incorrect.
  • Thanks 1

• Gunsfreddy2003 changed the title to Atelier Z - M265 5 string jazz bass ***WITHDRAWN****