Why become a member? ×

POD X3 question

M4L666

Does the POD X3 work like a pedalboard? i.e, would I be able to string effects (stomps specifically) together? My Bass PODXT only lets me have 1 of each effect at a time. Or would I be better off buying an actual pedalboard?

Looking at the manual, I think you can only have one effect from each block at a time, so that would be a no, unless you can have 2 signal paths on at once; ie you could have filter and distortion on at the same time but not filter into distortion on the same channel.

[quote name='M4L666' post='483986' date='May 9 2009, 08:11 PM']Does the POD X3 work like a pedalboard? i.e, would I be able to string effects (stomps specifically) together? My Bass PODXT only lets me have 1 of each effect at a time. Or would I be better off buying an actual pedalboard?[/quote]

As VK has described, you get the ability to drop a selection of 'effects' into the chain, but there are limitations. It's hard to explain.. but the manual is your best bet for getting an idea of what you can do.

You can have an preamp/amp+cab sim, a 'stomb box' a 'modulation effect' and a 'delay' in the chain along with a Wah/volume pedal and compression/boost level. There is also a stereo effects loop available for other pedals.
The stomp section includes a massive selection of distortions, filters, octave, synth, compressors etc. The modulation block has all manner of choruses, flange,phase and yet more filters. The delay block.. well.. fairly obvious is a massive selection of delays and echos from strereo multitaps to space tape echo! Ahh.. what else.. oh yeah.. the compression boost button allows you to either compress the signal, boost it or both.. handy for soloing etc.

What makes the X3 pretty cool is that you have the ability to run two totally seperate stereo signals and run them as two totally seperate processors. Its up to you how you mix the signals at the output... or not as the case may be!

That's only touching the surface of the X3, but I have already found that I havent missed the ability to arrange effects in every possible order on my ole TC Gforce.

I guess ultimately it depends on what effects you want to use and what order and whether the X3 can do what you need. If you have any specific questions, there are a few of us on the board with X3's (Or X3 Live in my case) who will be able to help you more.