Why become a member? ×

Electric/Double bass player wanted for superb Blues band (Essex/Herts/Cambs)

BloozeBoy

Hi guys!  We have just lost our electric/double bass player due to his constant battle with a 2+ hour journey to rehearsals.

We play a wide range of funky Blues, from classic material (NOT the 'tired' stuff murdered at jam nights!) through to contemporary funky numbers.  A bassist who owns and can play both electric and double bass is essential to our repertoire.

We're real friendly guys with no egos and we're super reliable.  Our age range is 50-60.

We have plenty of very recent live recordings to share with anyone who might be interested in coming onboard!

Please message me or call me on 07885 858158 to arrange a chat?

Cheers!

Edited by BloozeBoy
Dunno

Hi @BloozeBoy, sounds like a nice opportunity for someone, where do you rehearse and where are the majority of your gigs? I'm Kent so I would sadly probably find myself falling into the same trap as your previous bassist if you're wrong end of Essex, but thought I'd ask anyway. Cheers. Chris 

Hi Chris. We rehearse in CM1 3PJ; just off the A12 (J14) before Chelmsford.  The previous bassist was travelling from south-east of Maidstone......

Please feel free to give me a call if you feel it worthwhile?

Edited by BloozeBoy

10 hours ago, BloozeBoy said:

Hi Chris. We rehearse in CM1 3PJ; just off the A12 (J14) before Chelmsford.  The previous bassist was travelling from south-east of Maidstone......

Please feel free to give me a call if you feel it worthwhile?

He must have been driving a Reliant Robin is it was taking him 2+ hours but probably just a little too far along for me, good luck finding the right bassist 👍

2 minutes ago, Beedster said:

He must have been driving a Reliant Robin is it was taking him 2+ hours but probably just a little too far along for me, good luck finding the right bassist 👍

Nah, he wasn't travelling in a Del Boy motah!  He just suffered too many traffic pile-ups, road closures and delays crossing the QE2 bridge, so he told us anyway.......!

• 5 weeks later...

Hi

Where/ how often/ what sort of venues do you gig at?

I’m not close geographically but often gig with outfits where I’m reading their charts or learning stuff with tricky arrangements having not met all of the band before the gig.

On 08/11/2023 at 20:26, BloozeBoy said:

Nah, he wasn't travelling in a Del Boy motah!  He just suffered too many traffic pile-ups, road closures and delays crossing the QE2 bridge, so he told us anyway.......!

I can sympathise with your ex bass player. I'm near Dartford and played with an Essex based band for a year. It was the QE2 crossing that caused me to quit. Sometimes it would take 90 mins to get to a gig that was only 10 miles from home.