Why become a member? ×

Fender Precision 1978 Rosewood Board Natural Finish £1645 - *SOLD*
£1750
Lancaster

ash

I’m selling my 1978 Fender Precision bass in original natural finish. It has a dark rosewood fret board and a really lovely neck with a slim nut width (just under 42mms).

It’s not all original. The scratch plate is a WD single ply replacement. I don’t have the original. The nut is a black Tusq type. The knobs are lightweight aluminium dome tops (it had heavy duty replacements when I bought it), the pickup has the original covers but has larger pole pieces and looks like a Seymour Duncan. The pots and wiring are original although the jack socket was faulty so I replaced it with a new Switchcraft output. Case is a generic P bass type very similar to the Fender moulded cases of the era. The bass sounds and plays really nicely, the ash body gives lots of sustain and is a reasonable 4.8kgs in weight. The body has some dings and scuffs to the finish however as it’s natural these aren’t very noticeable. There are two filled holes near the bridge where a different bridge cover has been fitted. I’ve included reissue pickup and bridge ‘ashtrays’ in the case. The neck has one ding at the back as pictured. Truss rod works and the frets have lots of life in them.

It is a lovely bass but alas I prefer maple boards and I’ve seen one on here with a maple board that I want to buy! Strings are now Rotosound Swingbass 45-105. I had D’addarios on it but the heavier gauge Rotos sound and feel fantastic on this bass. 

I can post in the UK only at buyer’s cost but I’d prefer personal pickup as it’s a valuable instrument. Lots of pics including neck butt and pocket. Any questions please ask. No trades. 

Edited by ash
Price reduction
  • Like 14

• ash changed the title to Fender Precision 1978 Rosewood Board Natural Finish £1690

It does look nice. And it's a hell of a lot cheaper than the one on eBay and it's from someone who is known and trusted and it's local... Bloody hell it's in Lancaster, that's far too close to me.

I am in Lancaster Monday night donating blood platelets but will be a little preoccupied thankfully. Otherwise I might do something stupid. 

• Haha 1

33 minutes ago, Danbass29 said:

Cool bass if this was lighter i would have done a deal with my maple p 

Thanks it’s actually fine with my comfort Strapp. I dislike heavy basses but this is okay - comparable to my ‘72 Tele bass

• ash changed the title to Fender Precision 1978 Rosewood Board sold