Why become a member? ×

29 Pedals

krispn

On 03/11/2023 at 07:26, LukeFRC said:

The buffer with the over engineered power supply in a massive box?

Added bonus:  The EUNA has an FX loop that can bypass the buffer....

for when you just want a massive box with an over engineered power supply. 

• Haha 1

On 04/11/2023 at 20:11, LukeFRC said:

There was an interesting thread on PedalPCB where they were discussing the circuit, 29pedals guy turned up and I think it got out of hand and the thread deleted …

He wouldn’t be there first boutique builder to “reengineer” a basic pedal and charge handsomely for the privilege. 

To be fair I have heard demos of his stuff and there is an audible ‘improvement’ when it’s engaged. I have a preamp I’m using and the difference when plugging into the amp directly and then into the preamp>amp it’s like the proverbial lifting a blanket off the speaker! 

Perhaps snake oil. But Pino's pedalboard includes a EUNA, I guess he knows a thing or two about these things and thinks it's worthwhile. (Then again, perhaps he gets ££ to put one on his pedalboard). 

image.thumb.png.1f5e088d645e044539f11eec01625443.png

https://www.reddit.com/r/basspedals/comments/12zwcce/pino_palladinos_pedalboard_for_his_blue_note/?utm_source=embedv2&utm_medium=post_embed&utm_content=post_title&embed_host_url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.basschat.co.uk%2Findex.php

Edited by SumOne

If the buffer works and makes things sound more alive then yeah why not it’s just if it’s worth £££ to the person but we could argue that for any bit of £££ gear. 

I’d still like to try one but have neither the pedal board real estate or spare dollar to give it a whirl.