Why become a member? ×

Katana bass

Thump

So these have been out for a while now, how do people feel about them nowadays? Any issues that have appeared or known problems?

My daughter has decided she is going to play bass (hallelujah!) and has already chosen her instrument of my pain, an epiphone eb3 in cherry. I am going to give her my orange crush 25 (which is like new) to use so I'll be requiring a new amp myself. Once she's practiced a bit and has a bit of playing under her belt I'll buy her whatever she needs. Until then I have my eyes on a 2x10 katana as GAS continues to bite me hard and will not stop until satiated

I had both, the 110 and the 210 Katana Bass with the Bluetooth receptor and even with the quite useless pedalboard unless you really need to change settings during a tune live.

The app is great plus to me as you can noodle everything, change settings, store them and use it as a fingerboard (see what I did here).

Sound wise, once you've understood the principles behind the two volume controls in cascade, the sampling is excellent, the tone too and the power, especially on the 210 is amazing.

The 1 Watt option is very interesting too to practice without disturbing the neighbourhood and with the full power of these combos, you really can...

As it's a Roland product, the build quality is to the top and the sampling is certainly amongst the best.

Hélas they are very heavy, which is the downside that made me sell them after a while as my back didn't like it.

That said they are the new Cube for sure, especially the 110 and you can gig with it, but the 210 will be better for that purpose.

• Like 1