Why become a member? ×

Re-Release of my old band "VISITOR 2035".....From the 1970's jazz rock fusion era.

mybass

This CD is available in the U.K. via 

https://propermusic.com/products/visitor2035-visitor2035?_pos=1&_psq=visitor&_ss=e&_v=1.0

Its the 1970's latter end of....I'm playing bass, answering ads in Melody Maker and making slow progress. An advert draws my attention and I eventually have a jam with the band down in deepest Sussex outside of Horsham.

Visitor 2035 go on to do a series of gigs at universities and some festivals. Whats most important is that we start rehearsals with some pretty hefty jamming which has served me well. We respond to a series of adverts from a German

record company who were advertising on train platform poster boards! We sign on the dotted lines and record an album down at Pebble Beach studios in Worthing. The record company have taken on a few UK bands,

I think 'A Flock Of Seagulls' was one. They falter on our release date for 9 months and slowly leave us behind. Its the dawn of punk and our Weather Report driven Chick Corea meets Brand X music is slowly disappearing from the mainstream.

Abandoned, we go our separate ways, keeping in touch now and then and for a couple of fun gigs.

2022....we get a call from Hannover based M.I.G. Music.de ...we have an old fan working there and he wants to re-release the album, now CD. Why not hah!

Its a fusion of rock jazz type driven instrumental music of which many of us were partial too at the time. Proper Music UK sell it as do M.I.G. We have world release, wow, didnt get that before...

NOW with a recent review from R&R latest magazine edition….and bass gets mentioned first!

I hope this short sound clip and picture link works:

IMG_0592.jpeg

Edited by mybass
  • Like 1

15 hours ago, Beedster said:

Fantastic @mybass, my music story was similar to yours albeit without the happy ending (and to be honest without the talent also) :) 

Gibson Bass and Fender Fretless, very specific !

I’ll have another pic to put up of a very recent review Beedster, it’s a doozy!

I used a Gibson Les Paul bass, converted to long scale by Richard Knight (RIP) down Weybridge area. The Fender ‘Precision’ was converted to fretless by Neville Whitehead a double bass repairer who lived around the corner from Wal basses, we used to pop in to Wal’s. The fingerboard was made from an ex double bass f’board.