Why become a member? ×

'Kubicki' Precision - *SOLD*
£300
Norwich

andybassdoyle

Ok so this is a bitsa. Based however on a very nice ash body from Philip Kubicki. So you could almost call it a Fender. Not that I would. But you could.

Perhaps.

IMG_2505.thumb.jpeg.25b55e067b8654e2308bd772708e6152.jpegIMG_2504.thumb.jpeg.cb35e752c273a1f220301553eaff85b9.jpegIMG_2501.thumb.jpeg.9b58b6b21b8588e0b90ed04cd30c92f6.jpegIMG_2502.thumb.jpeg.5aab301c0d020d2f4e2ff05929b186a8.jpegIMG_2503.thumb.jpeg.b2e568e8868c26b0eec0b13527e13b1b.jpeg

I picked this up some time ago from Beedster at the start of my voyage into precision basses. I'm pleased to say this has developed into an obsession so strong it makes a serious class A addiction look like a take it or leave it weekend thing. As a result I have too many P basses now. Same old story.

The neck is a very nice allparts from Walshy, hipshot lollipop tuners. Works very well with the body. Kigon loom V/T + V/T. The P bass pickup is a fairly hot bartolini, the bridge a fender I believe (would need to check this though).

All in all it works well as a P bass. To my ears the bridge pickup has never really worked that well, it lacks 'mass', but it does add some bite if required. 95% of the time though I stick to the P pickup.

The plate is much redder in real life - I've tried to capture it but no luck!

Price is ex shippin but includes a basic gigbag. I could post with the case it's pictured in if you like but would ask a few more quids for the case pls.

Any questions let me know!

x

Edited by andybassdoyle
  • Like 2

IIRC the body cost me more than you're asking for the whole bass Andy :) 

That's a very very very competitive price. I was the same with the PUPs, used the P-PUP soloed most of the time, but the back PUP really added something, there were definitely a couple of sweet spots 👍 

• Thanks 1

• andybassdoyle changed the title to 'Kubicki' Precision - SOLD