Why become a member? ×

E-tickets...how do you sell tickets for your band??

jonnybass

Eventbrite are ok for small events, but it's very much a "self service" platform and it's very hard to speak to a human if you have any issues - have had some issues using it on larger events (2-5k capacity theatre tours) that would put me off using it at that level again but still use it on some smaller things as it's pretty quick and hassle free to set up. They do charge an additional for their more advanced features like the social marketing stuff, but it's not essential to use that so can just be ignored if you want. 

Skiddle are great - I know a couple of the team there, it's a solid platform and staffed by some good folks. 

Dice provide ticketing for a couple of festivals I looked after this summer, and although ticketing wasn't my department, to my knowledge they provided a perfectly fine service. 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, TimR said:

I went to a gig on Saturday where the band used Dice. Was OK but was quite insistent on downloading their APP amd signing up to membership.

https://dice.fm/partners/ticketing/live?lng=en

Although the door had our names down so producing the email and ID would have been sufficient. 

I have been to a few gigs using Dice, as a punter. I like the app, the ability to send tickets to friends, the all inclusive price etc. Venues (that tend to be smaller) don’t always use the QR codes, that is true 🤷