Why become a member? ×

Aria Sinsonido - £250 in Edinburgh

lemmywinks

While on the lookout for a cheap headless backup bass I spotted this, seeing as there's been a few chancers pricing these at £500+ recently it's refreshing to see one on sale for a more realistic sum. Has black nylon strings on it as well.

https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/7296772117004230/?ref=search&referral_code=null&referral_story_type=post&tracking=browse_serp%3Ac5d3f3bf-1a31-4daa-bce4-a3b27a8b5270

Edited by lemmywinks
  • Like 3

• lemmywinks changed the title to Aria Sinsonido - £250 in Edinburgh
10 hours ago, lemmywinks said:

While on the lookout for a cheap headless backup bass I spotted this, seeing as there's been a few chancers pricing these at £500+ recently it's refreshing to see one on sale for a more realistic sum. Has black nylon strings on it as well.

https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/7296772117004230/?ref=search&referral_code=null&referral_story_type=post&tracking=browse_serp%3Ac5d3f3bf-1a31-4daa-bce4-a3b27a8b5270

good catch ...wonder if it's ever been played?

• 2 weeks later...
28 minutes ago, alyctes said:

I was thinking of the fretless, but I've played both. 

Interesting, thanks for sharing

Whilst I was in my pub band I upgraded from a fretless Yamaha RBX200 to a fretless BB4, thinking that would hit the spot

Then I just happened to walk past a cash exchange type place which had a used fretted Sinsonido in the window...

I never gigged with the Yamaha again!  Great sound (after I fixed the onboard preamp), great gigging/practice weight

After the demise of the pub band, some years later, I had the frets removed and have been able to crossover to acoustic-oriented gigs, using it as a lightweight EUB

There must be something about it - surprised me!

Edited by sandy_r
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, sandy_r said:

Interesting, thanks for sharing

Whilst I was in my pub band I upgraded from a fretless Yamaha RBX200 to a fretless BB4, thinking that would hit the spot

Then I just happened to walk past a cash exchange type place which had a used fretted Sinsonido in the window...

I never gigged with the Yamaha again!  Great sound (after I fixed the onboard preamp), great gigging/practice weight

After the demise of the pub band, some years later, I had the frets removed and have been able to crossover to acoustic-oriented gigs, using it as a lightweight EUB

There must be something about it - surprised me!

They don't quite sound like anything else, do they?  I had mine second-hand from here, seller was local and I knew nothing about fretless at the time...  classic GAS purchase!

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, alyctes said:

They don't quite sound like anything else, do they?  I had mine second-hand from here, seller was local and I knew nothing about fretless at the time...  classic GAS purchase!

I guess it's the mics in the bridge - a weird conconction of acoustic sensor in a solid body (but somehow different to piezo)

Yep, serendipity strikes in mysterious ways - my GAS was 200 miles from home (Dorset), visiting family on the East Coast

• Like 1

3 hours ago, sandy_r said:

I guess it's the mics in the bridge - a weird conconction of acoustic sensor in a solid body (but somehow different to piezo)

Yep, serendipity strikes in mysterious ways - my GAS was 200 miles from home (Dorset), visiting family on the East Coast

IIUC it's actually a microphone system, somehow (which is an acoustic sensor, obvs).  I've not tried to work out how it actually works.

• Thanks 1