Why become a member? ×

NAD - I really couldn't help myself with this one: Trace Elliot V-Type V6.

VTypeV4

This lovely V6 has been an on/off feature at the studio since early 2019 and is in plenty of pictures here on the forum. The previous owner and I had an agreement that I would store his Ampeg cab at the studio as long as the V6 came with it - something that has worked well for the two of us as both the 8x10 and V-Type have featured on many recordings. ❤️ As time has moved on and his band circumstances changed a little, I was offered the big Trace at a very reasonable price and let's be honest, if I ever had a weakness, it's TE V-Types. 😃

V6 Home 23

V6 Home 23

V6 Home 23

V6 Home 23

V6 Home 23

It's pretty clean throughout and sounds fantastic (obviously!) so I'll take it to rehearsal next week and see how it goes. I love these things. ❤️

• Like 7

I do feel a little greedy having two of these lesser spotted specials but I'll put the V6 together with my 2103H and 1153 cabs and enjoy - I'll share findings at a later date. 🥰

Edited by VTypeV4

I’ve had a V6 for about ten years. The cost of re-valving it in 2014 was more expensive than the price I paid for it. Still one re-valve in ten years is not too bad.

I play it through a Mesa 6x10. Just ridiculous. Currently looking for a more portable 4 ohm cabinet.

Really great amp, huge headroom, in fact too much headroom to achieve much overdrive at useable volume levels. 

In terms of the weight, it actually not too bad. Certainly lighter than an Ampeg SVT and no heavier than a standard Marshall JCM 800 guitar amp.

• Like 1

Owning as many valve amps as I do now, the thought of re-valving them all at the same time does bother me a little although that scenario seems unlikely. 6 in one go wil be more than enough! The V6 was apparently done a few years back and has been on the bench a few times since and given a clean bill of health so fingers crossed, I'll get a few more years out of it yet. 😬 

Valve clean and compressed with added 'ping' is where I'm at tone wise so much like the V4, it's sibling hit's the nail on the head very nicely indeed. In the unlikely event I need some drive and anger, I'll pull the 'Gain 2' pot on the V4 for 'gnarly and hairy'..

As for weight, agreed - the V6 is pretty reasonable for what it is whereas my SVT CL is an absolute pig. Don't get me wrong, I love the SVT but the first time a lifted it, I genuinely thought it was stuck down. ❤️