Why become a member? ×

Grizzly Bass pedal

BassBeast

5 minutes ago, BassBeast said:

Trying to get the distortion without the volume / gain doesn’t work properly. I use it into me Scarlett 2i2…

If the gain / vol is lowered either on the pedal or the 2i2 the distortion doesn’t emerge. 

Can you record on two tracks, one 'dry', the other with (too loud...) distortion, then mix to your taste in playback..? It's quite 'normal' to mix from several tracks to get the exact tone required. Just a thought. :rWNVV2D:

• Like 1

You could always put the pedal through a small mixer before the 212 to control the signal output. 
For my pedal board I control the signal levels using an EHX trimixer as some pedals need taming and others need boosting. 

Edited by Boodang

3 hours ago, BassBeast said:

Trying to get the distortion without the volume / gain doesn’t work properly. I use it into me Scarlett 2i2…

If the gain / vol is lowered either on the pedal or the 2i2 the distortion doesn’t emerge. 

It sounds like the distortion is from the 2i2 input being overloaded and clipping rather than the pedal.

8 hours ago, BassBeast said:

I have an MXR 10 band EQ pedal. Can this be used to trim the signal?

The mxr has gain and volume attenuation so could work to tame the signal level. I like using a small mixer as you have meters to show what the signal is actual doing. The small behringer I use cost about £30 and is so useful.