Why become a member? ×

New Mr Big video

3V17C

[quote name='Kongo' post='482205' date='May 7 2009, 05:37 PM']If your on about Gilbert didn't he always wear those?
I thought they were a fashion thing or some kind of HUGE in ear monitoring.

Never seen Sheehan wear em so you must be.[/quote]
No, Paul Gilbert hasn't always worn the ear protectors. It's a comparatively recent thing (recent to me that is, as I'm probably a LOT older than you). :)

[quote name='silky13' post='483521' date='May 9 2009, 03:39 AM']Ahhhh!! :) I cant wait to see them next month now!! :rolleyes:[/quote]

Whaddya mean? please tell me more...

to call sheehan thick because he is a scientologist is a bit out of place Mr Thisnameistaken!

people have a right to chose what they believe in whether it be aliens or god or drugs or booze or whatever!

if you still persist in him being thick then for a thick man he well respected and has made a fair amount of money doing his thing!

and, I'd rather be thick than judgmental!

andy

[quote name='ARGH' post='483159' date='May 8 2009, 05:41 PM']You didnt come across as such,it might be a generational thing...grunge killed alot of this type of rock music off,and Im pleased to see it back,at last the solo will return and techniques and afterward boundaries will be pushed......

Grunge,bar Jeff Ament,didnt throw up many Bass heros,and most of the laughably bad musicians did the decent thing and dont seem to be in music any more (Cobain did the right thing IMHO)......

Can I just add,and Ive seen it on other threads the dislike of anything called 'Progressive'...May I say to the anti-'capable' musicians here you have the same problem too...its just called 'Post.....'[/quote]

Whoa hold on man...I was in school with the entire Grunge and Nu-metal scene and I've always liked this.
It's not a generation thing man, I guess it's taste. I hated Grunge but I still listen to some Nu-Metal bands.
I'm not even bothered that SHeehan is a scientologist...it's his choice it makes him no less a person just like if he was Christian or Muslim.

But yeah, it's one persons oppinion, not generation.

[quote name='andy67' post='483661' date='May 9 2009, 12:54 PM']Whaddya mean? please tell me more...

to call sheehan thick because he is a scientologist is a bit out of place Mr Thisnameistaken!

people have a right to chose what they believe in whether it be aliens or god or drugs or booze or whatever!

if you still persist in him being thick then for a thick man he well respected and has made a fair amount of money doing his thing!

and, I'd rather be thick than judgmental!

andy[/quote]

I'm going over to Japan to see them play at the Budokan on 20th June! :rolleyes: Obviously not going just for them, but its another good reason to go to Japan! :)

man, that makes me jealous..... how come I don't have to go to japan for random reasons.....

[quote name='silky13' post='483841' date='May 9 2009, 04:59 PM']I'm going over to Japan to see them play at the Budokan on 20th June! :rolleyes: Obviously not going just for them, but its another good reason to go to Japan! :)[/quote]

[quote name='silky13' post='483841' date='May 9 2009, 04:59 PM']I'm going over to Japan to see them play at the Budokan on 20th June! :rolleyes: Obviously not going just for them, but its another good reason to go to Japan! :)[/quote]

lucky man!

full review on return though please!

andy

I'm not a fan of Mr Big, but I think it's cool to see hard rock back.
at the risk of getting flamed, I'm interested in hearing the Chickenfoot (Sammy Hagar/Joe Satriani/Michael Anthony/Chad Smith) album

preview clips of all the songs are here-
[url="http://www.cede.ch/en/music-cd/frames/frameset.cfm?aobj=710439"]http://www.cede.ch/en/music-cd/frames/fram...cfm?aobj=710439[/url]

strangely the bass is much more upfront than it was on Van Halen albums (eg. "Turnin left")...

Edited by SJA

[quote name='SJA' post='484312' date='May 10 2009, 02:01 PM']I'm not a fan of Mr Big, but I think it's cool to see hard rock back.
at the risk of getting flamed, I'm interested in hearing the Chickenfoot (Sammy Hagar/Joe Satriani/Michael Anthony/Chad Smith) album

preview clips of all the songs are here-
[url="http://www.cede.ch/en/music-cd/frames/frameset.cfm?aobj=710439"]http://www.cede.ch/en/music-cd/frames/fram...cfm?aobj=710439[/url]

strangely the bass is much more upfront than it was on Van Halen albums (eg. "Turnin left")...[/quote]
I agree (except that I am a Mr Big fan)!

Hope that the songs on the Chickenfoot album live up to the pedigree - early signs look pretty good

Will be interesting to hear Satriani play in a proper band situation and as for actually being able to hear the bass, I think that may be down to rather different band politics......

Nice one! I was lucky enough to go to Budokan a few years back - it's an awesome venue. I'm sure it'll be amazing - just wish I had enough cash spare to do the same...

Just out of interest, how did you get tickets for it? Did you use Ticket Pier (or however you spell it)?